× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cascade+18, null+0 ReadyNas214 locks up/crashes/requires power cycle

M3ta
Aspirant

Cascade+18, null+0 ReadyNas214 locks up/crashes/requires power cycle

I have for the last year or so had intermittent failures of my ReadyNAS 214 device.

Drive health reports all drives are healthy.

Firmware on the host is version 6.10.7 - no updates available for my device.

Logs within the web interface all appear very well... non-verbose, and all healthy.

There are no installed applications on the NAS.

There is 1 iSCSI LUN setup on the NAS and a few SMB shares, but that's about it.

When a crash occurs the error message shown on the LCD display varies. Sometimes it's Cascade+18 or Cascade+13, othertimes it's null+0 I'm sure i've seen other numbers associated with those issues.
The unit becomes completely unresponsive to network requests and any button presses on the unit itself. Only physically pulling the power and re-inserting it will reboot the device.

Any ideas what it could be?

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cascade+18, null+0 ReadyNas214 locks up/crashes/requires power cycle

@M3ta wrote:

Any ideas what it could be?

Could be failing memory.  Instructions for running a memory test are on pages 58-59 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 4
M3ta
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, thanks for giving me a hint there, sadly didn't pan out though memory test completed last night with a Pass showing on the screen when I went back to it this morning.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@M3ta wrote:

memory test completed last night with a Pass showing on the screen when I went back to it this morning.

Have you downloaded the full log zip and taken a look in there?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements