× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Change 2 HDD with 2 new.

kerrigan666
Aspirant

Change 2 HDD with 2 new.

Hello,

I have a Readynas RN104 with 4 full slots HDD (10+4+2+4TO).
I buy 2 HDD 10TO.
Can i change a 4 and 2 TO same time and it will rebuild or i must change one HDD and let rebuild after change one HDD and change the other and let build again ?

Sorry for my english, i'm french. 😉

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Change 2 HDD with 2 new.

You must do it one at a time.  You also need to be very careful because there will be three re-syncs for each because of the varied drive sizes -- one for the first 2TB partition on each, one for the next 2TB, and one for the final 6TB.  The NAS will sometimes give you a message that it is re-synced when it has not completed all of the RAID layers.  Verify on the Volumes page of the GUI that sync is complete before you swap in another drive.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

You must do it one at a time.  You also need to be very careful because there will be three re-syncs for each because of the varied drive sizes -- one for the first 2TB partition on each, one for the next 2TB, and one for the final 6TB.  The NAS will sometimes give you a message that it is re-synced when it has not completed all of the RAID layers.  Verify on the Volumes page of the GUI that sync is complete before you swap in another drive.

Message 2 of 3
kerrigan666
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your response.
i will do one at time and let rebuild after change one HDD.
thanks. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements