× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changed my Amazon password, can't update it on RN202's Cloud Drive settings. Still syncs! Normal?

SimplyTembak
Follower

Changed my Amazon password, can't update it on RN202's Cloud Drive settings. Still syncs! Normal?

Model: Ready NAS 202

Firmware: 6.9.1

I have recently changed my Amazon password online and then tried to update it on the Cloud tab on my ReadyNAS's Admin page so that I can continue syncing it with Amazon Cloud Drive.

I couldn't find any way to update the password. However, I have found that it's still syncing normally.

Is this the expected behaviour? I'm worried that it'll stop syncing eventually without my knowledge, thus compromising my data backup strategy.

Thanks in advance.

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 1 of 2
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Changed my Amazon password, can't update it on RN202's Cloud Drive settings. Still syncs! Nor...

Hi @SimplyTembak

Welcome to the Community!

When you use Amazon/S3 on ReadyNAS it allows your NAS to sync/backup your data to it upon authentication of your Amazon account and allowing it to connect. One possible reason why it continues to sync is because of the authentication made when you started it. We can say it's a normal behavior until you leave your ReadyNAS on your Amazon Drive.

If you plan to use your new password, you may want to try to toggle the service on/off or use the leave button. This will require you to re-login to Amazon if you turn it back on.

Sync with Amazon drive

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements