× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure Password Reset doesn't work

jimk1963
Luminary

Configure Password Reset doesn't work

Under System/Settings I've set up an email account (gmail) and verified it sends a message that says we're connected. Then, I go to Accounts/Admin/Settings and do the following:

1) Enter my current password

2) "Enable Password Recovery" lights up, so I can select it

3) Choose "Email me a new password"

4) Enter Password Recovery question & answer, and for "Recovery Email Address" I enter my gmail address that was registered under System/Settings as previously described

ERROR - Failed to set password recovery method. Error in setAdminPasswordRecovery. Code 13002020001

I also tried a step 1(a), where after entering my password I create a new password - new password does not take (siimilar error) and obviously neither does the Password Recovery configuration.

I also tried selecting "Microsoft" instead of "Google" for my recovery email... in my case, my Office365 subscription uses my gmail email, so I end up with the same gmail. So if this is a gmail problem, I'd love to know how to solve without having to create yet another email account.

Finally, I have to say in general - setting and updating passwords is a nightmare with ReadyNAS OS (6.10.1). I can't update the password using the screen outlined above. The only way I found to update the password is to manually type in "https://<readynas IP address>/password_recovery" and that only worked for me once. Now when I try it I get an error message.

Model: RN528X|ReadyNAS 528X - Premium Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements