× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connected, no internet

Jacobnz
Guide

Connected, no internet

I'm a rookie and I know nothing about networks etc. So please talk in noobie terms.

I have connected my nas to the back of the wireless router via ethernet cable, I can log in to the admin page and share movies over the home network.

However I can't access my shares via the ready as app because it says my nas is offline.
I clicked check for firmware updates on the admin page but it said there was no internet connection.

What am I doing wrong?
Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Jacobnz
Guide

Solved.

When looking at the screenshot I noticed the date on the nas was set to 2016.
Once setting that to the correct date all issues resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Jacobnz

Have you checked if you have Internet connection from your router and that other devices can connect to on the Internet? Is the ReadyNAS joined already on ReadyCloud? You have access over LAN so you just need to make sure that the router can connect on the Internet.

Try to reboot both NAS and router or if you have set a static IP on the NAS then change it back to DHCP. Hope to hear an update.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

Try to reboot both NAS and router or if you have set a static IP on the NAS then change it back to DHCP.

Also, is it possible that your router is set up to block internet access for devices unless you explicitly tell it to allow it?  

What router do you have (manufacture + model)?

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

Try to reboot both NAS and router or if you have set a static IP on the NAS then change it back to DHCP.

Also, is it possible that your router is set up to block internet access for devices unless you explicitly tell it to allow it?  

What router do you have (manufacturer + model)?

Message 4 of 9
Jacobnz
Guide

I have internet working off every other connected device in the house, just the readynas can't check for updates and although the readycloud app is set to on it shows as device offline when I try and access via the android ready share app.

All was working at my old address.
I've looked at the router and it looks as though it sees the nas as connected. The router is a spark modem HG659b.

Screen shot attached from trying to check firmware via the admin page.
Message 5 of 9
Jacobnz
Guide

Solved.

Once setting that to the correct date all issues resolved.
Message 6 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Jacobnz wrote:

By default the NAS uses NTP to get current time over the internet.  Did you change that setting when you set it up?

Message 7 of 9
Jacobnz
Guide

No, I have never even noticed those details. It could be from the os re install I did a few days ago in an attempt to get router access.
Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Jacobnz wrote:
No, I have never even noticed those details. It could be from the os re install I did a few days ago in an attempt to get router access.

It shouldn't have changed that setting, but of course something odd might have happened.

Click on the settings wheel next to "device time" in the web ui (system->overview).

Confirm that the time zone is correctly set for your location, and also confirm that "synchronize clock with an internet server" is checked.

If you aren't syncing with an internet time server, the time will gradually drift (though not by three years Smiley Frustrated )

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements