× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection keeps dropping

Omega_up
Aspirant

Connection keeps dropping

Morning all

I have just perched a readymas 214 and it keeps dropping network connection. I keep getting this message “ The following device lost communication with the NETGEAR Insight cloud service at approximately “ then after a min it reconnects but it makes streaming virtually impossible can anyone help!

Thanks
Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Connection keeps dropping

@Omega_up wrote:
Morning all

I have just perched a readymas 214 and it keeps dropping network connection. I keep getting this message “ The following device lost communication with the NETGEAR Insight cloud service at approximately “ then after a min it reconnects but it makes streaming virtually impossible can anyone help!

Thanks

Drops in the Insight connection aren't that unusual, and the only real way to actually prevent them is to turn off Insight (which has limited value for ReadyNAS anyway).  

But streaming isn't going through Insight, so if that is also being disrupted, then something else might be going on.   If this is a new purchase (within 30 days) you should probably use your phone support.

What are you using for streaming? DLNA, Plex, something else?

Is the streaming local to your home network, or are you streaming over the internet?

Have you downloaded the log zip file from the web UI and looked for network and disk/btrfs errors?

Message 2 of 6
Omega_up
Aspirant

I am steaming from nas to WDTV LIVE media box and to my pcs and laptop on my home network. I have not as yet looked at the log zip file for errors I thought it might be something to do with the network adapters on the nas maybe not setup correctly.
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Omega_up wrote:
I am steaming from nas to WDTV LIVE media box and to my pcs and laptop on my home network. 

Yes, but how?  Are you using DLNA or browsing to the folders with SMB?

Message 4 of 6
Omega_up
Aspirant

Sorry not to sure I just shared the folder on nas drive and searched for the folder on wdtv or pc
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Omega_up wrote:
Sorry not to sure I just shared the folder on nas drive and searched for the folder on wdtv or pc

That sounds like SMB.  Is DLNA enabled on system->settings->services?  (If it is enabled you can try disabling it).

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements