× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cool ReadyNAS icon i made

auralxtc
Aspirant

Cool ReadyNAS icon i made

I seem to have too much time on my hands today, so i made a little icon that i replaced the standard mapped icon for my NAS shares because I'm a huge dork. here is what it looks like

If you want it, feel free to grab it from http://www.rtimaging.com/icon/readynas.zip

If you need to know how to change icons of mapped drives, this is a good tutorial. It's a simple registry edit. There are probably apps that will do it for you but this is the way i know, so this is how i did it.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11138 ... hange.html (scroll down it starts under "Method One")

enjoy 🙂
Message 1 of 21
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Cool ReadyNAS icon i made

Looks good. But only the ReadyNAS 600? 😉 Where is the Duo,NV,Pro?
Message 2 of 21
Dooku1
Aspirant

And maybe a Pro one soon :twisted:
Message 3 of 21
a_carneiro
Tutor

dooku wrote:
And maybe a Pro one soon :twisted:

IF and WHEN a Pioneer unit is available in Europe, you mean? 😛
Message 4 of 21
manonfire
Aspirant

Whoever in the UK has the Pioneer, they better watch out 😉
Message 5 of 21
chirpa
Luminary

The Pioneer is not due out for another month.
Message 6 of 21
a_carneiro
Tutor

Yes, I am aware of that thread. I assume, however, it'll be one month for launch in the US and an unspecified amount of time until it makes it to Europe.

I hope it arrives in time for Christmas! :wiggle:
Message 7 of 21
chirpa
Luminary

It should be a pretty closely sync'd global release.
Message 8 of 21
auralxtc
Aspirant

chirpa wrote:
Looks good. But only the ReadyNAS 600? 😉 Where is the Duo,NV,Pro?

hahaha.... well I'm old school and have the 600 so I figured I'd start there. I'll see what i can do about a duo, etc. 🙂
Message 9 of 21
pho
Aspirant
Aspirant

i'd like an nv+ icon/jpeg/png!
for my xbmc share listings 🙂
Message 10 of 21
fbmachines
Guide

I was looking for icons for my ReadyNAS lineup and hit a dead end so I used the pics off the Netgear product pages (hope legal doesn't come after me... :slap: ) and created some.

Included are icons for the Duo, NV+, NVX and Pro. They are ICO format with a RGB/A colorspace.

Each ICO includes 256x256, 128x128, 96x96, 72x72, 64x64, 48x48, 32x32, 24x24, and 16x16 resolutions.

http://www.readynas.com/contributed/fbm ... _Icons.zip

Edit: If there are any Mac users out there that want ICNS versions, let me know. All I need to do is re-save them in that format.
Message 11 of 21
fbmachines
Guide

Thanks for the local link Chirpa. I figured Netgear's hosting budget has slightly deeper pockets than mine. :neener:
Message 12 of 21
fbmachines
Guide

It looks like ahpsi beat me to creating some icons. They even included an X6 and 1100 icon...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37874
Message 13 of 21
ahpsi1
Tutor

Seems like auralxtc beat us both! A stock Windows PC has no easy way of creating an icon - a glaring deficiency. When I found a quick way of creating them I figured I'd share. I use the 1100 and NVX at home and the DUO at work so adding the Pro and X6 wasn't a stretch. The more the merrier!
Message 14 of 21
fbmachines
Guide

Agreed, I was also surprised that the stock Photoshop couldn't create an ICO!
What app do you use for icons? I use Axialis IconWorkshop, back from my short stint as a "weekend programmer". It was good for creating toolbars and other GUI icons and it is extremely easy.
Message 15 of 21
ahpsi1
Tutor

I cheated - I used 'Free Online Image Converter'. http://www.coolutils.com/Online/Image-Converter/

I downloaded the images, opened in Paint.net, smart selected the background and deleted. Saved as a GIF or PNG (can't remember - saved in a format that supports transparency) and the image converter did the rest.
Message 16 of 21
fbmachines
Guide

Just wanted to post an update to the icons that includes the Ultra Series for you fortunate individuals that have one (or many). DL here.

Message 17 of 21
thunderluc
Aspirant

I know the problem of having too much free time, especially during summer. 😉
So I made this 'free interpretation' (Mac) Icon for my ReadyNAS NV+. I have no time to make the whole Netgear product line, but you can have this one if you like it :).

Have fun!
Luc, NL

PNG 344x514:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/0b679e145187177
Message 18 of 21
fbmachines
Guide

Very nice Luc and welcome to the forum!

What app did you use to create it? Is it a vector?

Thanks for sharing.
Message 19 of 21
thunderluc
Aspirant

Thanks!

It's a vector image indeed. Before I did graphic design I always used Inkscape (free vector program) for this type of work. Very good software.
As for today I use Adobe Illustrator, with its own advantages, like the mesh tool. This design was made in AI.
Message 20 of 21
chirpa
Luminary

thunderluc wrote:

Very Nice!
Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation