× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DLNA won't "Turn Off"

hprice138
Aspirant

DLNA won't "Turn Off"

Hello,

I was recently playing with DLNA on my ReadyNAS 104 to enable local streaming of videos on my network. I realized that Plex had a DLNA option so I was able to turn it on there instead.

On my ReadyNAS, I created a new share, turned DNLA on, and was able to browse the share on other devices. I turned DLNA off and deleted the share, but now I still see that DNLA server on other devices - even though I don't have a share with DLNA turned on. 

Any thoughts or suggestions to correct this? I don't want to see ReadyNAS pop up as the DLNA service shouldn't be running anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
hprice138
Aspirant

Re: DNLA won't "Turn Off"

Yikes, found the setting minutes after posting this. Had to go into device settings and turn off ReadyDLNA. I'm guessing it was turned on when I created the share. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
hprice138
Aspirant

Re: DNLA won't "Turn Off"

Yikes, found the setting minutes after posting this. Had to go into device settings and turn off ReadyDLNA. I'm guessing it was turned on when I created the share. Thanks.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements