× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Data Degraded

blinke
Aspirant

Data Degraded

Hello,

Today it seems one drive my have crashed, I have RN526X00 (4MC266E200091) unit. the front says Data degraded, all drive lights a blue and when I go into the admin page it only shows 5 out of my 6 drives, They are all of the same type of WD ReadyNAS drive (WDC WE60EFRX-68L0BN1) and only month or so old. Any suggestions

Thanks

bill

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Data Degraded

@blinke

One of your drive failed that is why your volume went on degraded status. You can still get access to your data I suggest doing a full backup, you will also need to replace the failed drive to get the protection back. You may want to check for errors once you have removed the failed drive by testing it using WD Lifeguard

Your drives are only a month old so getting it replaced is also advised. If the drives are bundled with the ReadyNAS then you can contact Support by logging a case for RMA or if not contacting your re-seller or the disk manufacturer is the option.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

contacting your re-seller or the disk manufacturer is the option.

Start with the reseller - as they will give you a new drive with the full 3 year warranty.

Western Digital will RMA a recertified drive, and you will lose 2 years of warranty.

Message 3 of 5
blinke
Aspirant

Hello,

So I'm waiting on the reseller in the meantime would you suggest I replace the drive with one that is half the size so at least I can get thing stable?

Bill

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@blinke wrote:

would you suggest I replace the drive with one that is half the size so at least I can get thing stable?

It would need to be the same size or larger.

If you have an up-to-date backup, then I think it's fine to wait for the the actual replacement.

If not, then I recommend putting a backup plan in place for your NAS.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements