× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Data Recovery ReadyNAS 102

passion4melody
Aspirant

Data Recovery ReadyNAS 102

I was curious if it is even possible to recover data from either drive after confirming the FACTORY reset and  immediately pulling the plug 20seconds after i realized i had initialized the wrong ReadyNAS?  3TB Mirrored ReadyNAS 102

Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Data Recovery ReadyNAS 102

@passion4melody

Welcome to the Community!

It should not have any data loss since you powered down the NAS or unplugged the power after 20 seconds. There is a 10-minute timeout period for the Factory reset, if you powered down the NAS before the 10-minute mark ended the system powers down safely without causing any data loss.

However, it is a different scenario if you have pressed the backup button after putting it on Factory reset. This will start the reset immediately.

Were you able to try and boot your NAS normally?

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 4
passion4melody
Aspirant

the data seems intact, but the NAS was completely reset. Doesn’t show data or file structure after reboot in the NAS. currently trying to view the disks, but having an issue because of the BTRFS file system. using a bootUSBdrive with @Live. So far no real easy luck until i started a last chance signature file recovery. it’s a very slow progress, but it’s finding files.
Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@passion4melody

For recovery, using ReCLAIMe might be of use,

HTH

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies