× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disc upgrade fail

dgcasting
Aspirant

Disc upgrade fail

4 bay ready nas, set in raid 1: C and D.

C drives were 1TB and out of room. I hot swapped over 2 days to 2 TB drives. System works, files intact.

But, the READYNAS does not see the 2 TB of space. It still showing a 90% full wich was the 1TB drive status.

I've used the PIN HOLE in the rear to REBOOT. Still nothing.

I used RAIDAR to reboot and get: Error in evaluating table display raidvol IndexSizeError: Failed to set the 'maxLength' property on 'HTMLInputElement': The value provided (-1) is not positive or 0.

How do I corrret this?

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU4000|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Chassis only
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: Disc upgrade fail

I'm not sure why you needed to use the pinhole to access the boot menu.  Was the NAS hung?

The simplest (though brute-force) approach is to do a factory reset and restore the data from backup.  Alternatively you could use paid netgear support (my.netgear.com).

If you can boot normally (by just powering up the NAS) you could destroy the old 1 TB volume, create a new one, and then restore the data on that volume.

Message 2 of 8
dgcasting
Aspirant

I used the pin hole to access the boot up menu as that is what the Manual said to do. But this failed.

The discs are all working fine.  But Volume C which is what I upgraded to 2TB is still showing only 1TB of space.

RAIDAR still shows this volume (Raid 1) at 80% full when it shoudl be about 40%,

How do I get the system to "see" the increase in capacity?

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

I'm not 100% sure, but I am thinking that flexraid might not support vertical expansion on the OS 4.2.x systems.

If I'm right, you'll need to back up the data, destroy the C volume, and then create a new one.  Then restore the data from backup.

@dgcasting wrote:

I used the pin hole to access the boot up menu as that is what the Manual said to do. But this failed.

What boot option did you want to use?

Message 4 of 8
dgcasting
Aspirant

Thanks,

I was affraid of this answer. The manual just said to use the BOOT menu, BOOT Normal and it will adjsut the size.

I suppose like many things with Netgear it was wrong. I will connect a ne USB drive and back it all up. 1TB of video and photos.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

dgcasting wrote:

I was affraid of this answer. The manual just said to use the BOOT menu, BOOT Normal and it will adjsut the size.

Can you give me the page number where it says this?  BOOT normal doesn't need the pinhole, that is what the NAS does when you restart it from the web ui, or just power it up.

Message 6 of 8
dgcasting
Aspirant

My error... it was a post. But it made no differnece. The 

RNDU4000 still does not see the increase in size. I'm backing up the data now.

Thanks,

paul

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@dgcasting wrote:

My error... it was a post. But it made no differnece.

It's incorrect, so if it were in a knowledge base article or the manual, it would need to be corrected.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements