× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dual LAN connectivity

kylepaddock
Follower

Dual LAN connectivity

I am looking into getting the ReadyNAS 422 to store media files and some documents. My issue is I have 2 computers that are on LAN 1 that has internet and 2 devices that are on LAN 2 that can not have internet. I understand aggregation but can I use one port for LAN1 and the other for LAN2? Also Is there a way to access files then through windows explorer just like if I had an 2nd hard drive installed?

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @kylepaddock

Welcome to the Community!

VLAN Support has been added since OS 6.6.0. You just need to go to the Network settings and create the VLAN you need for the NIC you will be using.

You can Map Network drives to your computers if you need to get access to it and use it as drives as well.

See Map Network drive

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @kylepaddock

Welcome to the Community!

VLAN Support has been added since OS 6.6.0. You just need to go to the Network settings and create the VLAN you need for the NIC you will be using.

You can Map Network drives to your computers if you need to get access to it and use it as drives as well.

See Map Network drive

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements