× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Duo V2 FTP Backup Options

rnas_newbie
Aspirant

Duo V2 FTP Backup Options

I'd like to request a feature that really should form part of the core capability of the Duo V2 (which provides good performance etc)

Feature Requested
The ability to create a backup job via Frontview, to & from an FTP site (it's still missing in firmware 5.36) and I've had my device for a while now. It's noted other backup options are missing on the V2 interface.
Someone else had a reply a while back from the jedi,
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=66296&p=368262&hilit=ftp+v2#p368262

ps; is this a feature request or a bug? (as the older models have a wide range of backup options)
pps; when are we going to have a true bug tracker, so we know if Netgear plan on addressing issues, or simply expect people to keep their fingers crossed that if they are lucky the functionality appears as the V2 has been out for over a year....if it's not going to be considered, just let us know!
Message 1 of 12
Skywarp
Tutor

Re: Duo V2 FTP Backup Options

This would be a feature request, as it's a different device/OS.

If you want, you can raise a ticket for this under your registered ReadyNAS DUO v2, and post the ticket number, so I can pick it up, and raise it as a request.

You can raise a ticket here:
https://my.netgear.com/mynetgear/myOnlineTicket.asp
Message 2 of 12
SteVader
Aspirant

Hi Skywarp,

As rnas_newbie doesn't seem to have raised a ticket I have taken the liberty of doing so as I too desperately need this functionality. My reference is 19795381

Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
Message 3 of 12
readynasdu0
Aspirant

I too would like this feature, on a ReadyNas NV+ V2. This would be the second feature missing from the the next generation device available on their older siblings. The other feature being UPS notifications.
Message 4 of 12
Skywarp
Tutor

Have been away on holidays and training, didn't have time to pick this up yet. I've escalated case # 19795381 as a feature request.
Message 5 of 12
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

i'll keep an eye out to see how this goes, as I did not log the feature request as i used my x86 nas which had the functionality already, i like the v2 as it's low power & i do not keep any personal files on it.
ps- will there be an add-on to restrict FTP access to only allow secure methods, eg SFTP?
Message 6 of 12
Skywarp
Tutor

Feature request is with engineering now, under issue # 4093.
Message 7 of 12
SteVader
Aspirant

Marvellous news - thank you so much. I look forward to seeing it in a future firmware update.
Message 8 of 12
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

Skywarp wrote:
Feature request is with engineering now, under issue # 4093.

fingers crossed---- is there any news on this? As there's been no movement on the firmware pages for many months now.
Message 9 of 12
lev400
Aspirant

Hi

I have just bought a ReadyNAS NV+ v2 and 4x 3TB Hard Drives. It has RAIDiator 5.3.7 on it. I bought this because I wanted to use this as a auto backup appliance for various servers. Before buying I looked up info and found that it supported the FTP protocol and also found guides for making backup using FTP method. Now that I have got the device I find that it cant do remote FTP as a backup source, I am very disappointed and now have a large brick that I can not use for the intended purpose.

If I had known this I would of not gone for Netgear and would of most likely built my own appliance with a old box and the 4 new disks. I can't believe functionality has been removed in newer versions of the firmware.

When can we expect FTP backup functionality restored to the firmware so that I can get this unit up and working?

Thanks
Message 10 of 12
rnas_newbie
Aspirant

I suppose on the next firmware release, whoops..hold that thought - the product is EOL & Netgear tend not to mention they've got products out in the wild with impaired feature sets.
Such a shame I put my faith in ReadyNas when I purchased my V2 as they have so much potential.

I loved one of the earlier posts, it's 'a feature request'
then it has an 'issue' number assigned to it. It seems issues are not a priority either.

so I also have a v2 that is a piece of junk & an NVX which I suppose I best raised a 'feature' request to sort out 4.2.22 firmware issues.
good job my Ultra seems fine at the moment.
Message 11 of 12
lev400
Aspirant

Hi

Is there any update to issue # 4093 then or ETA?

Thanks
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements