× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EDA 4000 installation

Cheddie
Follower

EDA 4000 installation

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to buy EDA4000 expansion shassis

however, I'm wondering whether there is any installation instroduction in the package or any related document in the homepage.

if there isn't any, please somebody tell me how to do so.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EDA 4000 installation

@Cheddie

Welcome to the Community!

EDA4000 is EOL, it's also indicated on it's Support page.

Installation guide, manual and Data sheet are all downloadable on that page. 

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Cheddie

Welcome to the Community!

EDA4000 is EOL, it's also indicated on it's Support page.

Installation guide, manual and Data sheet are all downloadable on that page. 

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Is this for a ReadyData 5200 still running the ReadyDataOS?  If not, I think it's going to give you problems.  The interface is SAS via an SFF-8088 port.  I'm not aware of such a port on any other Netgear NAS.

I've got a non-Netgear 32-bay SAS drive array connected to my RD5200 converted to OS6 and the OS only marginally recognizes it.  There is no display of the device in the GUI, so volumes have to be created using SSH commands.  Once a volume exists, then the GUI can be used for creating shares, etc.  But there is no easy way to get SMART info from the GUI or see the health at a glance.  The log does report events in the "expansion unit connected to SAS port 1" and RAIDar does, oddly, show all the drives in the RD5200 and expansion chassis even though the GUI does not.

With the EDA4000 and RD5200 being EOL, I doubt Netgear has done anything with ReadyNAS OS6 to have the EDA4000 visible in the GUI on an RD5200 converted to OS6. 

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

I stand corrected (by myself).  the 60-bay RR4360 does have 3 external SAS ports for EDA4000 compatibility.  On one data sheet, it incorrectly identifies them as eSATA; but they are identified as EDA4000 compatible, and the EDA400 does not have eSATA capability.  In other places, they are properly identified.  The RR3312 and RR4312 data sheets show SAS ports "sold separately".

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements