× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EDA500 status lights all off but the Netgear logo is always lit?

jlficken
Aspirant

EDA500 status lights all off but the Netgear logo is always lit?

I finally had a need to use this unit that I got a couple years ago off of Amazon.

The odd thing is that the Netgear logo stays lit but none of the other status LED's on the front of the unit do.  It is plugged into a RN516 which has the lights come on when you wave your hand in front of it but the EDA500 doesn't do anything.  Is that normal?

The drive lights do flicker though and the other status lights are on for awhile after startup (I had to restart my RN516 for it to recognize the EDA500) but they all shut off after a few minutes (at most).

I see it has been mentioned here as well.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/EDA500-and-UPS/m-p/1272210

Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: EDA500 status lights all off but the Netgear logo is always lit?

Mine remains dark until detecting the hand wave or touch, then it has three single LED indicators and the logo that light.  The first (L to R) is power, the second indicates a valid eSATA connection, and the third a volume.  There is a fourth alert LED that does not normally light.

Message 2 of 3
hmuessig
Luminary

Re: EDA500 status lights all off but the Netgear logo is always lit?

Yup, it is normal but frustrating if you don't know what is supposed to happen.

Somewhere in all the documentation (buried deep) is a mention of a proximity sensor that turns on the status lights with a wave of a hand.

Apparently many at Netgear don't know of this "feature" as they RMA'd my first EDA500 because the I could not get the status lights to display(!). I only found the documentation about the proximity sensor after the second unit had the same "problem."

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements