× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Email Alert Bug

ReadyNAS111
Follower

Email Alert Bug

Really annoying bug in Ready NAS 516. Did not always do this until recent formware updates. Currently on firmware 6.10.2

Trying to configure my email alerts after changing an internal IP address. I have a linux open relay mail server I use for all email notifications. 

On the alert screen I have entered in my email address I want the alerts to go to. Under emial provider I have custom. SMTP server is my internal open relay mail server. Port, is the port. From I enter in a name. There is no username or password as this is an open relay for all internal servers to use. When I hit "apply and send message" the readynas just makes up a username and password and tries to authenticate with that which obviously fails. If I delete all the username and PW infromation including the FROM fields and hit "apply and send message" it just clears all the feields out and displays "email service to send alerts is configured properly" but it's not. All fields are left blank and I get no email alerts.

Really annoying bug. This was working fine until now. Any advice is helpful.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 2
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Email Alert Bug

@ReadyNAS111

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried using a Gmail account to test if the service is still running? Also, please download the logs and send it through Google drive if possible. Kindly PM me the link.

Please try to do OS-Reinstall,  you can do that by following this guide then reconfigure the Email settings after.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements