× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Email Alerts should be distinguishable in subject (OS6)

StephenB
Guru

Email Alerts should be distinguishable in subject (OS6)

OS6 email alerts all have the same subject line - in my case "ReadyNAS Alert Message (RN102 System: Notice)"

I'd like to be able to construct mail filters for specific alerts. This is in part because I am receiving alerts I don't want (for instance successful backup completions), but I think even if that were resolved I'd still want to do this.

One way would be to put a unique message number into each alert. That is, if all successful backup completions had a subject of "ReadyNAS Alert Message (RN102 System: Notice 1731)" Then I could easily filter them by subject line.
Message 1 of 3
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Email Alerts should be distinguishable in subject (OS6)

Yes, however tackling the root cause - getting OS6 to send alerts correctly for backups, allowing us to disable power on and off alerts and alerting us only once about capacity - would be better.
Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Email Alerts should be distinguishable in subject (OS6)

vandermerwe wrote:
Yes, however tackling the root cause - getting OS6 to send alerts correctly for backups, allowing us to disable power on and off alerts and alerting us only once about capacity - would be better.
I want both - email subject lines that unique, so they can be filtered, and also improvements in the sending.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements