× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Email alert Not going to work with GMAIL effective 3-31-2019

Icauto
Aspirant

Email alert Not going to work with GMAIL effective 3-31-2019

I use GMAIL for my email and the email alerts from my ReadyNAS 214. I received the following email from GMAIL:

Hello,

Although you don’t need to take any action, we wanted to let you know that the following third-party apps will no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content. This change will go into effect starting March 31, 2019.

ReadyNAS Email Notification

We are making this change as part of ongoing efforts to make sure your data is protected and private. These apps haven’t yet complied with our updated data privacy requirements announced on October 8, 2018.

You can always view, manage and remove apps you’ve given access to your account by visiting your Google Account.

Thanks,
The Google Accounts team

When you setup email alerts, you need to put in your google email credentials. Google is now notifying my the email alert feature does not comply with gmail requirements.

Is there going to be an update to the READYNAS so it conforms?

Thanks

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Re: Email alert Not going to work with GMAIL effective 3-31-2019

I don't understand the title of your post, as it seems unrelated to the text.  Can you clarify?

I also use gmail for notifications, and I haven't seen any email like yours from google. What firmware is your NAS running?

Message 2 of 11
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hello @Icauto ,

Can you re-login again at email elert? It will be fine.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 11
Icauto
Aspirant

Hello,

I am running firmware 6.9.5 which the ReadyNAS says is the latest..

Model: RN214D41|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay
Message 4 of 11
Icauto
Aspirant

I do not know why the title of the post is:

Random "hello test" notification from nighthawk app

I had put in Email alert Not working with GMAIL effective 3-31-2019. I tried to change it but it wont change....

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Icauto wrote:

I do not know why the title of the post is: Random "hello test" notification from nighthawk app

I took the liberty of fixing the title in the early posts. 

Message 6 of 11
schumaku
Guru

"Although you don’t need to take any action, we wanted to let you know that the following third-party apps will no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content."

The ReadNAS Notification does not need any access to your Gmail content, e.g. received, sent, archived, whatever messages. This permission was granted as part of the Gmail token set-up, and will be revoked end of March 2019. Nothing to worry in my understanding.

Message 7 of 11
mopgcw
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

I don't understand the title of your post, as it seems unrelated to the text.  Can you clarify?

I also use gmail for notifications, and I haven't seen any email like yours from google. What firmware is your NAS running?

I received the same  notifications as  well;    running 6.95.

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor,RN716X|ReadyNAS 716X Chassis
Message 8 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@mopgcw wrote:
I received the same  notifications as  well;    running 6.95.

I believe it depends on whether your email alerts are using token auth or not (my setup isn't using token auth).

Try signing out and then sign in again.

Message 9 of 11
Icauto
Aspirant

What do you mean sign in and out again? Sign in and out of the ReadyNAS? I have done that more than once. Are you saying, uncheck the box for the email account info?

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Do you see a [Sign Out] and [Send Message] buttons on the email setup screen?  Or do you see [Clear] and [Send Message]?

A screenshot showing the [Sign Out] is shown here:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/gmail-auth-not-working-after-trying-to-r...

If you have the [Sign Out] button, then Netgear says to sign out using that button and then sign back in.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements