× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Failure of Netgear Technical Support

Capell
Aspirant

Failure of Netgear Technical Support

I am having problems connecting a NAS424 to an Eaton UPS 5P. I have raised this with Netgear support, and I have a running support case: 30039834. It's reached level 3. But now I can't reply to my case, my case has completely disappeared from my active case profile, and every time I get put through to technical support , the call diversion to the NAS department fails - you can hold it for over 30 minutes and you get no reply. There's no chat line, there's no method of raising another case, nothing!

So I am stuck. Is Netgear giving up on support? I'd like to know, then I can buy my network equipment elsewhere. 

Model: RN424| ReadyNAS 424 4-Bay with up to 40 TB total storage
Message 1 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Capell

Welcome to the Community!

There has been a downtime on Support lines and pages as well as logins. This is due to the new Support tools that NETGEAR is implementing.

Your old case 30039834 has been assigned a new case number 00296105. You can contact Support using +44-344-453-8000 and going to presales instead. Press 2 for non tech concern then press 3 for new product and 3 again for prosafe. then provide your case number to be pulled up.

Im sure your case is being worked on and Support is following up on your case.

Regading your profile, you should be able to see the new case when logging in to my.netgear.com, are you saying the case is not showing? 

Regards

Message 2 of 14
Capell
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, and the information about the new case number. I do appreciate finally maikng contact with someone from support!

Part of the problem is that I have changed my e-mail address. I seemingly have two accounts, with different login names (i.e. the e-mail addresses) and different passwords. It was part of the current case 30039834 that this would be resolved. I thought it had been resolved.

The old account name sees that I have an NAS424, but I have no outstanding support cases.

The new account sees no products, no support cases.

So: both support cases 30039834 and 00296105 are missing.

Message 3 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The new case number 00296105 is the one to use going forward. It's the same case just a new number for it.

The case is attached to the same email you use for the community. 

If you can PM us the details of the old account and the new account we can pass on the account merge request. Do you use just this account on the community or the other account as well?

You can also email us the logs from your system if you like (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 4 of 14
Capell
Aspirant

Thanks, that all seems very helpful. I'll see if I can manage all those actions. I am making full use of MyNetgear to support the ReadyCloud aspect of the NAS OS6 which is extremely useful.

Give a a day or so!

Message 5 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

What problem are you having with the Eaton?  I have a 5P 1500 attached to my RN516 via USB and it works fine.

Message 6 of 14
Capell
Aspirant

It simply won't connect. I select the Eaton UPS system offerrings in UPS options (either option: managed/unmanaged) and it always returns an error.

I can connect to a 4G UPS apparently (or in fact, one or two of the other options), the NAS sees the UPS, identifies the correct type and name, even serial number, but this is bogus. The UPS doesn't/cannot signal mains power failure to the NAS. So the NAS can see the UPS, but they're not linking properly.

Anyway, tomorrow, I might be able to re-connect with my support theme and get this resolved. This was all so simple with a ProPioneer!

I raised this thread simply because I had completely run out of options for contacting Netgear in the UK.

Message 7 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@Capell wrote:

It simply won't connect. I select the Eaton UPS system offerrings in UPS options (either option: managed/unmanaged) and it always returns an error.

Is the UPS connected to the NAS via USB, or is it connected to your network with ethernet>
Message 8 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If it's over USB the UPS should be automatically detected.

The dropdown is for connections over SNMP (which is of course over ethernet).

If you're using SNMP problems could relate to a faulty ethernet cable or a faulty port on a router/switch.

Message 9 of 14
Capell
Aspirant

It's an ethernet connection, NAS and UPS are on the same switch, both devices are visible from the DHCP router, both devices can see each other over the ethernet, but I cannot get a working SNMP connection. And all devices: router, NAS, and UPS are on latest firmware versions. I've tried the swapping cables malarky and that's not the problem.

Message 10 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

I assume you've also verified operation of the Network Card MS by separately logging into it.  And using USB is not an option for some reason?

I've not tried an SNMP connection with a ReadyNAS and any  UPS.  But maybe somebody who has, even with a different brand, can be of more help.

Message 11 of 14
Sveinolse
Guide

@Marc_V wrote:

Hi @Capell

There has been a downtime on Support lines and pages as well as logins. This is due to the new Support tools that NETGEAR is implementing."

I still can't see my support cases. Is'n it time to fix that problem? It has been for a long time. I can not answer my questions and they closes one by one ... and when support sends me an email reply that I have to go to My Support to answer this problem, I think I'm dying! So - I still do not see my stuff!

Message 12 of 14
Sveinolse
Guide

I still can't see My Support-cases!

Message 13 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sveinolse it looks like you've posted in the wrong section unless you also have a NETGEAR ReadyNAS.

This section is for NETGEAR not for Arlo. You should open a post in the Arlo Community.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements