× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fan & Drive disconnect

d34138
Aspirant

Fan & Drive disconnect

I have a Ready NAS Duo 2110 with Firmware 4.1.6.

Recently my SMART errors went from around 6 to over 400 within a couple of days. Tonight I noticed that when my HD is removed the fan spins up & runs, but when I install the #1 drive it quits running. The unfortunate part is that I have some very need info on the HD and due to the heat the ReadyNas will fall off-line & I cannot reconnect until hours later (Cooling off the HD).

All the indicator lights show the fan & HD are okay, but a physical check shows otherwise.

I bought & installed the ReadyNas in 2009 & it has been trouble free up to this point.

Am I having HD issues, or is it possible the ReadyNas itself is failing..??..

I have ordered a new HD, but I am uncertain as to how that might fix the fan issue. Additionally, I cannot connect to Frontview to extract the logs.

Is this a common issue..??.. I looked over the forums & did not see an instance where a faulty HD caused the fan to lay idle when the HD was in operation.

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
amac27
Aspirant

Re: Fan & Drive disconnect

I'd suggest that you create a tech support ticket also you might want to run some disk diagnostic tools on your disk.
Message 2 of 3
d34138
Aspirant

Re: Fan & Drive disconnect

Can you point me in the right direction..??..

Thanks for your time & response..!!..
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements