× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Download Failed Readynas 526 Firmware 6.10.7

mdirvin
Aspirant

Firmware Download Failed Readynas 526 Firmware 6.10.7

I have 2 Readynas 526X units.  They are identical, 6 - 6TB HD's running Raid 6.  In the log one unit is giving me an error saying the firmware download failed, the other one is not.  The version # of the update looks a bit strange, I'm concerned there is something going on here that shouldn't be.  I'll add a screenshot section of the log, if anyone has any ideas / advice I would like to hear them.

MikeLog.jpg

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@mdirvin wrote:

In the log one unit is giving me an error saying the firmware download failed, the other one is not.  The version # of the update looks a bit strange, I'm concerned there is something going on here that shouldn't be. 

Are both NAS running 6.10.7?

Message 2 of 5
mdirvin
Aspirant

Yes, and if I click check on updates both systems respond with my system is currently running the latest Firmware.  I was concerned that something has gotten installed on my system that was trying to download a virus/ransomeware etc...  This is only occurring on one of the 526's.

Mike

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@mdirvin wrote:

I was concerned that something has gotten installed on my system that was trying to download a virus/ransomeware etc..

Something isn't right, but it seems unlikely that ransomware would log anything.

It looks like the RN526 is set to auto-update - maybe turn that off for now.  Then see if you get the sane error at 1 am tomorrow.

Message 4 of 5
mdirvin
Aspirant

Yes it is set to auto update at 1am everyday.  I have turned off the update function see what happens...

Mike

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements