× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Fresh Costumer to ReadyNAS 104, quick review and some questions...

LPC
Star
Star

Fresh Costumer to ReadyNAS 104, quick review and some questions...

Hello dear friends...

For some years now, i have being using home NAS to Cloud Services, since the BITCASA Fiasco, where i lost some very important files that where irreplacable...

Being a very cautious buyer, i purchase long time ago a Synology NAS, a 2 bay 800mhz single core cpu, with just 256mb. Have being runing very well for these years...

But its getting old and my space limited... So i went to see the market and discovered some good brands fighting in the NAS space...

Qnap, Synology, Netgear, etc... and being also a NETGEAR user on the Routers space, i inspected they NAS offer, and i was very pleased with what i saw...

They are on par with the big dog´s of the NAS, having the hybrid RAID process (called here X-RAiD and Flex-RAID), good support, a forum and a good (but must be better GUI interface for the NAS).

The interface is clean and easy to use, mas the workspace is very barren and sparce... I hope NETGEAR keep refining their GUI with something more in the likes of an desktop interface (DSM for example).

Im currently operating both nas at the same time, and i believe this would do wounders for NETGEAR! I see too much "router like GUI".

But adavancing... i saw a very competitive pricing and give NETGEAR a chance with their ReadyNAS 104.

First impressions where great... very sturdy and robust cardboard case... very strong and thick cardboard, and inside good quality foam and a thick plastic protecting the unit itself.
After unboxing, the unit looked really well and have a very solid feel... everything is metal on the structure, and its heavy! (solid feel). All of the HDD´s cages where solid too with metal plastic mix that never felt cheap in anyway.

I really liked the informative 2 lines LCD, that gives very usefull information about what the NAS is doing... i did miss that on the Synology.

Operation was smooth the first time i plug the power on it... The fan started a little fast, but then settled... The system automaticly started booting and updating the firmware... and after that, started to build the array on my 4 Seagate NAS 4TB units. (the time to build is 2 days but i see i can allready use the array).
From a noise standpoint is pretty silent... well i can hear the 4 drives working, but the fan is silent. But from what i see, so far im very happy with the purchase...

Now my questions...

- Why can i install apps on the NAS? I tryied to install the AV Plus and Cacti, but both start to try to download the packages but fail after a little time?

- I could not see and sync app for the Gdrive ou other Cloud service. On Synology i have an app that allows some files and folders to be sincronized with an external cloud service for extra security... Does Ready NAS have any of that?

- How ofter ara the OS updated with bug fixes and enhancements?

- Can i use the dual RJ45 for lan aggregation on an NETGEAR R6300 1750Mbits? Is there any automatic setting by being from the same company?

- Can i create two "units" on the be detected by Windows PC´s and also a Minix media player?  I have created that on my Synology, as on drive is for Work Contents and the other is for media files?

Here is a pic of what im talking about...

Virtual Drives

Wish list for Netgear, for upcoming OS updates:

- Fan Profiles, that have manual control of auto, or semi-auto settings

- Addition of the temp and speed on top of the screen for an allways there aproach

- Keep refining the GUI to adapt to the "new times" and let it go the "router look" approach

- Auto-Updating of the OS with the possibility of "back track" if incomplete or error on upgrade.

So far this is all i have to say about this product and NetGEAR as a company...

In the past i got a problem with my router, and live chat support was top notch, and they really help me out and where very professional.
And its because of that that i am a Netgear costumer, i believe that company´s that do care about their costumers must be supported by them...

With my best regards, and sorry for my big post!

Lord Paulus Cobris

Message 1 of 21
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello,

How are you trying to install the apps? If you do it manually, have you by any chance configured a static IP address for the ReadyNAS and forgot to set the DNS servers also?

There is a built-in Dropbox functionality. It can be found on the local admin page: Backup > Cloud Storage > Dropbox (Cópia de seguranca > Armazenamento na nuvem > Dropbox)

The Firmware is updated regularly. Users have access to beta versions of the next firmware prior to the final release if they wish.However, like with any beta version care has to be taken when applying beta firmwares.

You can map any share on the ReadyNAS as a separate network drive to your PC client. When you create the mapping you will need to add the share name to the IP address of the ReadyNAS.

Bye, Eskender

Message 2 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Eskender,

Thanks for your reply.

Well i did configure a static IP for the NAS, should i add anything else on that part?

Im trying to install the apps from the NAS Interface.

I go to Apps, the "available apps" and then i click install.

The Dropbox function i did see on the Backup part, but no other cloud solution was listed there... Any reason why? Some kind of exclusivity deal or something?

I use the Gdrive because i have an android ecosystem that i use for work. On the Synology there are a agnostic app that uses several cloud services that allow for sync the files and folders with ease...

Are NetGear considering this approach? Gdrive extra security layer is for me a plus!

Do the ReadyNAS OS (Does it have a name?), allows for automatic updates? Or some form of information that an update is available? That is important because sometimes i don´t have the time to manually check if there is any new version of the OS.

I have allready see the 6.4.0 Beta version that are being tested, but my point is are these kind of updates regular?

Are enhancements being expected on the GUI front of things?

Or any of the other things i reported? The fan control is very needed, because with that manual control we can control for silence or noise, or balance...

As for the mapping i can do a map drive of a shared folder, but if i do that i cant see the space in properties... like i have on that mapped drives in the synology... Why is that?

Also what is best... Mapping a Folder by creating a drive with the full space of the volume or create IScsi LUN?

Also about the dual lan ports, i have a Netgear Router, is there any special sinergy of configuration due to the fact that are 2 products from the same company?

With my best regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 3 of 21
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello Paolo,

on the same dialog, where you set the static IP address is also a tab for setting the DNS server. Please make sure that this information is also entered. Thinking of it, if you are presented with Apps on the admin page most likely everything is set correctly. However, it might be worth checking.

I believe Dropbox is the only external Cloud Service integrated at the moment.

Concerning the firmware there is no scheduled interval at which new releases are provided. This is also due to an extensive beta phase of varying time. Once a new firmware is released you will be notified when you login to the local admin page. An auto-update feature is not implemented and I believe would not serve well.

When I create a mapping and check the properties Windows displays the total occupied and free space on the ReadyNAS. Are you not seeing any information or would like to see the information per share? In terms of total available size no change would to be expected as currently a share could occupy all space on the ReadyNAS.

I would choose a normal share/mapping unless you have specific reason to use iSCSI.

For Link Aggregation configuration is still required on both ends. In terms of performance I would not expect to see any benefit in a normal environment.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide information on which new features will implemented at which time. However, experience has shown that feedback does have influence on the development process. A request for specific elements may be elevated depending on the response of other users to it.

Thanks, Eskender

Message 4 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Eskender,

Thanks for your reply!

I have confirmed that with my current configuration the NAS is not connecting to the internet, so something must be missing... I have here 3 images for you to see...

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

I think the problem is on the DNS, i think i must add 192.168.1.1 what do you think?

I have selected the auto settings on the connections, and got internet runing again, so i manage finally to install both the Antivirus PLUS and the Cacti.
But i have a question about cacti... After the instalation it asks me the username and password.

I tested the Username and Password to access the NAS OS, but it doesn´t work...

What are the username and password that cacti is asking for? I did not configure any information on that application.

About the external Cloud Service, is expected that Netgear support other and better Cloud Services? Is there any APP that could be used for GDrive Sync on this NAS?

Thanks for the information on the firmware updates... So the next version is 6.4.0? From what i see it will unify the 1xx and 2xx series? 6.2.5 and 6.3.5 to 6.4.0 on both?

So i can´t get an email from the nas replying to me that is a new firmware available?

For the mapping after a while it started to give me the space available... (and in this case the full space of the NAS). Its possíble to limit the share space? I have 2 shares mapped as 2 diferent drives. But both feeds from the same pool.
So for Link Agregation is need a configuration on the NAS and in the rooter... From your words is not worth it right? Better fail safe the two lans then link aggregation?

For new features, i don´t know if you can be my word to the devs that work on the NAS firmwares, but if you can, please give them my honest feedback... I can get any brand i want, but i did choose Netgear because i trust this brand and products.

Please ask them if this is possible to be implemented on the future:

- Fan Control

- Top Header information (with some usefull info there, link fan speed and profiles, disc temps, cpu temps, internet status, NAS status, Firmware Status, etc...).

- Improved GUI, with a more easy to work with interface with more help marks with explanations to what do, and what don´t do...

- More information on the front display panel (where it exists ofc). (option to add informations to the panel, like temps, fan speed, etc...).

- Capability for more External Cloud providers (or an agnostic app for various services)

- Capability for manual or auto updates with fail-safe options

- Some better design features on the storage part, because that unit representation and cages is simply awfull... Very ugly and tiny...

For now its what i see and remeber...

With my best regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 5 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@LPC wrote:

...I think the problem is on the DNS...

Yes.  That can't be blank.

The answer might not be 192.168.1.1 though.  You should check to see what DNS servers are being handed out by your router.  

With Window you can find that out by launching cmd (in win7 just type cmd in the "search programs and files bar").  Then enter 

ipconfig /all | findstr /R "DNS\ Servers"

That will tell you the right address(es) to enter there.

You can also safely enter Google's public DNS server addresses (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4).

Truthfully, the best way is to keep the NAS set to DHCP, and reserve an address for it in your router.

...So for Link Agregation is need a configuration on the NAS and in the router... From your words is not worth it right? 

I don't speak for Eskender Smiley Wink

But frankly it's not worth it on the RN104.  It's not fast enough to fill a single gigabit connection, so there's no benefit.  The RN200 and above are fast enough, but even there you only benefit if you have multiple users accessing the NAS at the same time.  Just connect one ethernet cable, and be done with it.

Message 6 of 21
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello Paulo,
For cacti please use username: admin and password: admin. A password change will be required after that.

I am not using google drive myself so I am not sure if there is any external app that can be used. Maybe it would be best to post this question in a new thread to increase chances that other users will reply to this.

The 6.4.0 release will be for your device. Unfortunately, there is no email notification. Looking at the beta release notes there will be a share quota implemented:
“1. Share quota support.  You can now set a size limit on a share.
    * Note that the size limit will be enforced but not displayed from connected clients.”

I have copied your requests.

Bye,

Eskender

Message 7 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Stephen!

Thanks for your email.

Well i did add the ip the ipconfig gave me (it was the same 192.168.1.1), but i only got parcial access to the internet, some options like the cloud apps (showed offline), and the email sending feature too...

Only after adding the DNS 8.8.8.8, to co-exist with the first one i got full access to the net! 🙂

Thanks for the tip.

As for the Link Agregation, i understand what your are telling me... I will keep just one rj45 connected for the time being... i got both router and NAS behind an ups, so i don´t believe i will get a burned plug...

With my best regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 8 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello again Eskender!

I just got access to cacti like you told me too...

I will have to configure the settings to get the data out of the NAS...

I also have Dropbox account, so i can test that integrated app... But im very disapointed with it...

Its very poor and limited... i can´t really choose nothing more that the Shared Folders...

I really hope NETGEAR gets his acts toghether if they want to really fight on the NAS space for home users...

Check this printscreen from my other NAS... I don´t really need to say what NAS it is...

synology.jpg

See how advanced is the CloudSync App... And im not even talking about the amazing beautifull interface...

I really just hope that NETGEAR do invest some money with some graphic designers and create something similar...

As a costumer im just giving constructive feedback for the enhancement of the product! For the outside the product is spot on! Solid, Sturdy and made to last...

But from the inside the interface must be really upgraded... Better interface = Easier to USE = More Sales...

6.4.0, is going to bring more features, or just that one?

Thanks for copying my requests, please add these ones too...

- Upgraded Cloud Sync Application (agnostic operation for compatible providers)

- Enhanced Interface (Just look at the direct competition and you get the idea)

I have an question about a doubt here...

When i first installed the NAS i have selected a username for entering the OS (and a password).

I will give the example... When i go 192.168.1.69 i have to use the "birdie" username and my password to enter Ready NAS OS.

I can see in the profile option, that i can change the Password, but what about the Username?

I want to change from "Birdie" to "admin"... How can i do it? Is there an advanced mode to the NAS OS?

Its normal for the from display to stay off? How can i get him to "wake up" and give me information about the NAS?

I don´t see any option on the NAS OS to do it... Should i knock on it and say... "Anybody home?" 🙂

Thanks again for this "direct" line to the company. For me the future and "costumer centric" companies, that will be the ones that will stay on business...

With my best Regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 9 of 21
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello,

I am a bit confused, because by entering the IP address you would normally access the local admin page which can only be accessed by one user, the admin (username: admin cannot be changed).

But since you are saying that you use a different username to access the ReadyNAS you could be talking about accessing the ReadyCLOUD website readycloud.netgear.com from which you can also access the local admin page. Maybe this is the way that you are proceeding. For ReadyCLOUD you have a different admin whose name can be chosen freely.

To change this name you need to go back to the local admin page and head to the Cloud-Tab. If you then go to the “ReadyCLOUD section > Settings > Leave” your device will be disjoined from ReadyCLOUD. By setting the ReadyCLOUD toggle switch back to on in the same section you will be able to choose a new ReadyCLOUD admin account.

However, and there is something I do not know, you might not be able to choose the name admin as a username for the ReadyCLOUD admin. This could be due to the fact that usernames for ReadyCLOUD users have to differ from usernames of local users on the ReadyNAS.

The display will turn off after a period of time. To light the display please press the power button once. This will have the only effect of turning on the display. Pressing the power multiple times will soft power off the device.

Bye,

Eskender

Message 10 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Eskender,

Thanks for your reply.

I will give my example... to access the ReadyNAS OS i got to my Browser and put: 192.168.1.69/admin  this will ask me username and password.
I will put my username "Birdie" and my password, after this i go inside the NAS OS.

From what you are telling me, there is another access to the NAS OS? or even another set of options from another type of entry?

If so how can i access it?

As for the Light on of the display, you are correct, if i press the power button the display will light up... but for a few seconds only...

Its not possible to mantain the display allways on? The idea here is when i look to the NAS i get some usefull information, without having to enter the ReadyNAS OS to get it...

With my best regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 11 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@LPC wrote:

Hello Eskender,

Thanks for your reply.

I will give my example... to access the ReadyNAS OS i got to my Browser and put: 192.168.1.69/admin  this will ask me username and password.
I will put my username "Birdie" and my password, after this i go inside the NAS OS.

Normally you do enter "admin" on that screen, and then the NAS admin password.

My system rejects my log on if I enter a different username.  What firmware are you running?  Is "Birdie" in the user group on the accounts list?

You might want to use your 90-day support this, something is wrong if the admin page is accepting user account log ons.

Message 12 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Stephen!

Thanks for your Reply,

Strange i just enter the username i register at the first activation of the NAS and then the password and go to the NAS OS.

Im using the 6.2.5 Firmware. the NAS did came with the 6.2.0 Firmware and it was activated with that version, only then it was firmware updated to the last oficial Firmware.

I don´t have any user groups, or even users active, i do enter as admin, im the solo user of this NAS.

I will try the user "admin" approach to see what happens...

Best Regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 13 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Eskender,

Thanks for your reply...

So i have tryed to access the NAS OS using the "admin" as username. It doesn´t work, i have to put the "birdie" username to enter inside the ReadyNAS OS.

So i don´t know what really is going on...

Another issue...

I have started to pass all my files from the old NAS to the New NAS, and the AV application did detect a false positive on my files (i know its false because i know that file and what it do).

I got the email, and went to the OS and i didn´t see any option to add that file to the exclusion list...

The AV app is very poor i can only activate or deactivate... even the "plus" app for the AV is very poor... when is the quarantene? what happens to the files that are detected?

Also there are missing key options on the app. Is there a new AV app being developed? This one needs major overhaull...

Another issue is performance... Im passing from my SSD some movies that i have to the nas, and im getting pretty poor performance out of the nas... like 40mb/sec...

This is less then my actual Synology NAS that have a single core 800mhz cpu and just 256mb of ram! On that NAS i get allmost 50mb/sec on the network...

How can this be? More drives = Less performance? Better Drives = Less Performance? 

As for the Display... what is the point of having an display screen if we have to keep pressing power to turn it on?

There should exists an option to keep it on or off, and less or more light on the screen...

I need to sort these things out to see if something can be done to improve upon them...

With my best Regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 14 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Again...

I has looking but i could not find... where are the CPU load and Ram usage on this NAS?

Also important was the Ehternet performance rate to see if something is bottlenecking the NAS...

With my best regards,

LPC

Message 15 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello again,

Im have been testing the nas because of the low performance... and i have tested several options...

But without any sucess...

I have tryed both manual and auto settings for the lan, doesn´t alter nothing...

I have also deactivate the Anti-virus, doesn´t alter nothing...

Here is the testing that a made... very poor numbers...

speedtest.jpg

Any ideas on what is going on?

The router is a NETGEAR 1750Mbits Router.

Best Regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 16 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello...

More testing on this issue...

I forgot to tell that i am using the 5G connection to Netgear Router, all the cables from the router and NAS are Cat6 and every port is Gigabit.

Also my Wireless card is an TP-Link Archer PCI-E T8E 1750Mbits

- http://www.tp-link.pt/products/details/cat-11_Archer-T8E.html

I have run the same test with my older Synology NAS (Diskstation DS214se), and incredibly the results are superior!

How can this be? Its way slower, its just 2 discs in raid 1 and even they are not NAS disks... just WD Green!

Here is the test:

speedtest_Synology.jpg

After this i went to get a wired rj45 cable and pluged directly to the computer and router...

Rerun the tests on both NAS´s.... First NETGEAR ReadyNAS 104...

speedtest_Negear_Wired.jpg

And now the same test on the Synology DiskStation DS214se...

speedtest_synology_Wired.jpg

Again i see higher numbers from an less powerfull NAS... Care to elaborate why is that?

Also something is really messing up with the Wifi-Speeds!  Im runing Win10 on all the PC´s so i can´t really test on another platform...

I have a Minix on the living room...

Thanks for your thoughts...

Best Regards,

Paulo Eduardo

Message 17 of 21
EskenderNG
NETGEAR Employee

Hello Paulo,

it took me some testing on my network to get the transfer rate up on the 5 GHz side a couple of months back. I think one of the problem is that although the majority of devices is using 2,4 Ghz, the ones transmitting at 5 Ghz are often using the same channels and therefore have to share bandwidth. Especially, because with 80 Mhz wide channels, 4 channels are occupied. This is most likely due to bad configuration, inability to choose higher channels, or configuration for North America (then omitting channels between 48 and 140). At my home it was preferable to use channels in the three digit range and also below 120. Most neighbours seemed to be on channels 36+40+44+48. In some areas weather radar my disturb channels at 120 and above. Many parameters may affect performance (plus the usual suspects: distance, etc).

As with the network performance that you saw between NAS and computer. It is very difficult to estimate remotely why your performance is as it is. Looking at the forum I think it is fair to say that some users have seen worse, others the same, and yet others better performance.

One factor why you see about 10% better performance on your other NAS might be the filesystem on your ReadyNAS. While this filesystem provides some features that you might not find on the other NAS (snapshots, etc) of course someone has to pay for it (most likely your CPU, maybe additional I/O operations).

So for further tests you may want to consider:

Turning off snapshots

Turning off bit-rot protection

Turning off checksums

Are you using encryption?

Turning off AV

Disabling all addons

Like I said many factors may affect performance and these settings may or may not have an influence on it, it’s difficult.

Bye,

Eskender

Message 18 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Askender!

Thanks for your reply...

Well i did change the channels on the router, to see if it work... if i put too high the Wifi don´t see the 5ghz channel...

Well at the time of the test nothing was using my 5ghz network, most if not all my devices are using the 2.4ghz (Tablet. smartphones and laptops).

The only devices that use the 5ghz network, are this computer (my work computer) and the minix android player, that was off on that time.

Suposelly i have 1300mbits of bandwith to work with, but at the time of the testing i was just using 400mbits, pretty low considering things... I checked my WAN capacity and it was at 30%!

So the problem must be on the router, NAS, route... If i plug a wired cable things start to look a little better, but not many, because i slower NAS have better performance that a better and more capable NAS (yours).

For the Record, i don´t have actived:

- Snapshots

- AV (is not usefull)

- Bit Rot

- Checksums

- Encription

- I don´t have any addon activated (Cacti is not usefull and i can´t sync to Gdrive with bittorrent Sync). The AV Plus addon is disable because the real time av is also disabled.

So If this is poor CPU capacity (i can´t really see it... there is no display for CPU and RAM usage)...

They more i use the NAS, the more i see its a good potential product, but with lacking execution on the software front...

Sorry but i must say what i see and feel...

- OS is still WIP, need much more refinements and its not that ready for SOHO prime time...

- Its lacking functional usefullness, better and easy options, better menu structure, more informative informations on the dashboard (top of the header for exemple).

- the lack of proper apps is a very big disavantage... Lack of online cloud services, lack of a proper AV app (one that allows for a interface with quarantine, and some usefull options for the costumer.

- Need of optimizations to the NAS itself...

- What is going on with that crazy cpu temps?

- HDD´s allways working on the 50c ???

- Lack of proper fan control

- No control to the front display (what is the point of having a screen that is allways off?)

Im an reasonable person, at i undestand that product do refine over time... but i need the product right now, not months from now...

Unless there is some assurance that problems, will be fixed, and more effort are made to enhance the apps, i will have to let this product go, and get a more madure and stable one...

Im pretty sad, because in the end i look at the NAS and i like what i see... i lke the design, i like the solid feel, i like the quality of the materials... That product is made to last! But o product that is made of hardware and software, both parts must be in equal sides...

And its not the case...

I will be waiting for some replys...

With my best regards,

Paulo Eduardo

CEO - Trignosfera

Message 19 of 21
StephenB
Guru

All things being equal, RAID-1 is faster than RAID-5, and has a lower CPU load.

Your RN104 gigabit speeds are about right.  The BTRFS file system has better data safety than the older EXT file system used by Synology (and older ReadyNAS).  But there is also a performance hit, especially on writes.  

WiFi is another matter.  Never confuse the link speed (1300 max in your case) with real world performance.  

You can expect to see TCP/IP throughput of about ~300 mbits if you are in the same room as the router.  It drops from there.  A nearby room will likely be 100-200 mbits, depending on conditions.  These numbers are based on my own real-world measurements (and are measurements of network throughput, not a Network share disk test).  If you are looking for an inexpensive basic throughput tester,TotuSoft's LanTester (bundled with their LAN server) costs $11.  You'd run the server on a wired Windows 10 PC, and the client from your WiFi laptop (or desktop). 

If you are in the US:  Channel power for 2-digit channels was capped at 50 mw (3 digit capped at 1 watt) until the spring of 2014.  If you have an "older" AC router like the R7000, you will get much more power out of the 3 digit channels.  A router introduced in 2H2014 or 2015 should give the full 1 watt on the 2-digit channels.

If you are in Europe: Channel power is capped at 50 mw for all 5 Ghz channels.

Either way, if the geography is set properly in your router and in your Archer adapter, you should be seeing all legal 5 ghz channels if you are close to the router.

None of this explains the read wifi performance you are seeing for the RN104.  If you have jumbo frames enabled on the RN104, I'd suggest disabling them, and retesting.

Also you will need more than one test to accurately gauge wifi performance.  I happen to be monitoring my WiFi speeds at the moment (taking daily tests).  There's a huge amount of variation - my results range from 96 to 184 mbits of throughput (all measurements taken from the same location.  Repeating tests back-to-back often gives different results too.   

Message 20 of 21
LPC
Star
Star

Hello Stephen...

Thanks for your reply and explanations...

In the end is the follow saying "we get what we pay for..."

And this is true on this matter... I appreciate all the support and direct line the company.

But i will be moving on to a more powerfull and faster NAS... If hardware was all that it was... i would purchase again a Netgear ReadyNAS.

But i do need more that the current ReadyNAS OS can do.

As so i will be moving on to the QNAP TS-453mini... I know... I know... its not the same price point, is not the same segment.

But i need a stilish and versatile NAS that can hold for some years... I will also keep a look on the NETGEAR future products and evolution of the OS.

And i trully wish NETGEAR can come forward in the future with more good and competitive products!

With my sincere regards to all the staff, i wish you all a productive and happy day.

Paulo Eduardo

CEO - Trignosfera

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements