× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frontview not accessible

cathcam
Tutor

Frontview not accessible

I have 2x ReadyNas NVX running the latest software. They've both been installed for a very longtime. One is the primary, accessible via Windows 10 shares, and I have enabled SSH. The primary also runs as a logitech music server(LMS), installed via frontview.

The other is just a backup that does an rsync backup of the media share.

I couldn't get the latest version of the LMS running and was doing some debugging with Michael from Logitech via SSH. I tried starting LMS via SSH and it failed, once with a segment failure, and the second time with a perl compilation error.

I went back to reload a working LMS level via frontview, and it is no longer accessible, even after a reboot.  Chrome reports

This site can’t be reached 192.168.0.2 refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The shares are still accessible, as is SSH. I tried following the instructions in https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/No-access-to-Frontview-Duo-V1-runni...

and Apache started, but still not accessible.

I'm guessing when we tried to run the LMS from the SSH shell something got overwritten, or a config file changed.
Apart from doing an OS Restore and resetting the primary readynas does anyone else have any ideas on how to recover this?

Model: RNDX4000 (ReadyNAS NVX)|READYNAS NVX DISKLESS DESKTOP NETWORK STORAGE|EOL
Message 1 of 3
cathcam
Tutor

Re: Frontview not accessible

In case anyone is intereste, I've attached the syslog from the time the defective LMS 7.9.2 was installed, followed by a shutdown and sometime after that we ran the LMS via SSH and thats where I am now, no frontview. Only able to retrieve logs via SSH.

ideas or help would be really helped. I've got 4.2Tb of data behind this server and even with a backup it will take a long time to recover.

Message 2 of 3
cathcam
Tutor

Re: Frontview not accessible

In the end I did a firmware reload from the boot menu. I backed up the data from the NAS first, but that wasn't needed.

Better safe than sorry.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements