× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frontview: utilize avail space on higher monitor resolutions

hksscom
Apprentice

Frontview: utilize avail space on higher monitor resolutions

I'd like to suggest that the Frontview web interface utilizes available space better for higher resolution screens. Currently, one has to scroll up and down a lot (ie. CIFS settings for Shares) -- it's a bit inconvenient, considering that my screen can display far more at once. The ReadyNAS forums, for example, utilize the entire screen space.

Since Frontview uses HTML, it should be fairly easy to expand its width and height usage (ie. <Table Width="100%" Height="100%">)

Thanks 🙂

I use two ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus
Message 1 of 4
MueR
Aspirant

Re: Frontview: utilize avail space on higher monitor resolut

Yeah, well, they're probably going to do that in v5. If that ever gets released.
Message 2 of 4
chirpa
Luminary

FrontView used to do this somewhat in the early v4 stages (4.1.2, etc) but then switched to the tiny window. The whole page filled the screen, but the content windows like Shares were still small. Example: http://www.readynas.com/simulators/frontview/home.htm

But FrontView is EOL, doubtful changes like this would be put into it. Any new GUI on new hardware will be Dashboard style like Duo v2 and ReadyDATA.
Message 3 of 4
hksscom
Apprentice

I see about FrontView being end-of-life. That's a shame since I just bought the two Plus NAS devices. Here's to hoping for the Dashboard to make it over to this product line... Thank you
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements