× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

General Feedback on 6.2.3/6.2.4

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

General Feedback on 6.2.3/6.2.4

This thread is a place to leave general feedback on 6.2.3/6.2.4
Message 1 of 83
StephenB
Guru

Re: General Feedback on 6.2.3

I've had no issues with it on my RN102. (I'd been running the 6.2.3 betas, the upgrade to 6.2.3 was painless).
Message 2 of 83
spiderman1
Guide

I have noticed the following:

PC Desktop with a Core i7 Extreme 980x/256 SSD OCZ-AGILITY
Upload and download speeds (using a 1 gb avi file are at 118mbps using SMB and FTP protocols)

Macbook Pro Retina 15" Core i7 2.3 Ghz / 512 SSD
Upload and download speeds (using a 1 gb avi file are at 94 mbps using SMB and 117 mbps using FTP protocols)

SSH Testing

root@READYNASPRO:/dev# hdparm -t -T /dev/sda, etc. output:

/dev/sda:
Timing cached reads: 7250 MB in 2.00 seconds = 3626.99 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 322 MB in 3.02 seconds = 106.77 MB/sec

/dev/sdb:
Timing cached reads: 7156 MB in 2.00 seconds = 3580.41 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 494 MB in 3.00 seconds = 164.57 MB/sec

/dev/sdc:
Timing cached reads: 7486 MB in 2.00 seconds = 3745.58 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 370 MB in 3.01 seconds = 122.79 MB/sec

/dev/sdd:
Timing cached reads: 7134 MB in 2.00 seconds = 3569.09 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 356 MB in 3.01 seconds = 118.26 MB/sec

/dev/sde:
Timing cached reads: 7592 MB in 2.00 seconds = 3798.64 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 354 MB in 3.00 seconds = 117.95 MB/sec

/dev/sdf:
Timing cached reads: 7274 MB in 2.00 seconds = 3639.48 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 342 MB in 3.01 seconds = 113.51 MB/sec

I have noticed that the web interface seems to load faster in addition to certain functions (i.e. share listing).

Raidar 6.0 is lovely!!

My hats go off to the developers for (I imagine) keeping us OS legacy hardware guys in the arena!!!
Message 3 of 83
OvrQualified
Aspirant

No problems at all on my personal 516, as well as several 3220s and a 3130 (thanks for fixing that annoying Vcore message, it was driving me mad!) that I feed and care for. None of those units use AD integration, so I'm not affected by that bug. By pure luck, one 3220 that is AD joined I didn't have a chance to update because I didn't have a maintenance window...will be holding on upgrading until that one's fixed.

Overall, good release for us!
Message 4 of 83
anna_arun
NETGEAR Expert

Very Good Release !!! Also the Raidar 6 is excellent update .
Message 5 of 83
vandermerwe
Master

I've used all the 6.2.3 beta releases and now the final 6.2.3 on my 316 with no issues whatsoever.
Message 6 of 83
peterkin
Guide

6.2.3 is running fine on my RN102, but I've got a couple of gripes about the new Raidar 6 as compared with the old 4.3.8:

- Uses far more screen real estate.I only have two NAS, but I still have to scroll between them. What if I had 10 NAS boxen?
- Doesn't show my UPS status
- Doesn't show volume status
- Doesn't show fan speed

Mostly it's the real estate that's the problem. Can we have a version with a compact view and more info? For now I'm sticking with the old version.
Message 7 of 83
punchbuggy
Guide

6.2.3 installed fine on my RN314 when t was officially released, and I have since added another disk to the array to fully populate it.

However, checking the log this morning I note a message ''System: UPS on Port:USB removed. Manufacturer: CPS, Model: BR850ELCD, Serial: ." and sure enought the NAS has lost sight of my UPS. Any ideas team?
Message 8 of 83
rikstigter1
Aspirant

Re: General Feedback on 6.2.3/6.2.4

6.2.4. Installed fine on my RN104. No issues whatsoever, but then the same was true for 6.2.3. 😄
Message 9 of 83
BaJohn
Virtuoso

Punchbuggy wrote:
However, checking the log this morning I note a message ''System: UPS on Port:USB removed. Manufacturer: CPS, Model: BR850ELCD, Serial: ." and sure enought the NAS has lost sight of my UPS. Any ideas team?
There is another post which specifically includes this http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=80273. (It was happening on the previous OS).
Message 10 of 83
BaJohn
Virtuoso

Both updates to 6.2.3 and then 6.2.4 went smoothly. Not certain why they had to be within a few days of each other though.
However, during the few days of 6.2.3 a 'data scrub' was carried out and took slightly longer (1.6%) than that for 6.2.2.
See post http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=79865 for further details.
I suspect that this is not that significant. Next time a 'scrub' is carried out it will be on 6.2.4 or higher.
Message 11 of 83
droz1
Aspirant

Installed the new version 6.2.4 from 6.2.3.....ReadyNAS 316 did not come back up.

I have to drive to the office to look at it now

ADDED NOTE
Got to the NAS, screen said "restarting see you soon".

Looks like it never restarted

flipped the power switch, came back up...seems ok
Message 12 of 83
dsm1212
Apprentice

Pro-6 with 8MB memory and an upgraded processor

6.2.3 I encountered a weird problem with readynasd constantly crashing every 12 seconds after installation. Then it suddenly cleared up and didn't come back.

6.2.4 installed and updated fine. Only odd thing is that after the install reboot there were two instances of sickbeard running. There was no pid file in /apps/sickbeard. I killed them and restarted and everthing was OK. Not sure how that happened and I hadn't seen it before. Might have been difficult for someone without ssh access.

Overall things are working pretty well. I have a fairly complicated openvpn setup and that survived the transition without incident. All of my apps continued to work fine.
Message 13 of 83
paltrude
Aspirant

Running 6.2.4.
Moved from 4.2.28 [T6] yesterday and everything runs fine. The firmware installed itself smoothly and I had already bought a 2GB of RAM for my Ultra 2 (RNDU2000) years ago which could help the new interface?
http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=52557&start=15#p364381

I do however notice an increase in heat, the disks keep at 42-44 degrees Celsius (as before) but the CPU went from 54 to 70 degrees idle at 800 rpms, and under heavy load it pushes 80 degrees at 1200 rpms.
The fan runs quietly though, as it did before. Does it need to be tampered with?
Message 14 of 83
dsm1212
Apprentice

70-80 deg C is pretty hot for a cpu temp. I'd probably try cleaning the cpu fan. I'm not familiar with the ultra 2 though. It is the CPU temp you are seeing and not the case temp right?

steve
Message 15 of 83
paltrude
Aspirant

dsm1212 wrote:
70-80 deg C is pretty hot for a cpu temp. I'd probably try cleaning the cpu fan. I'm not familiar with the ultra 2 though. It is the CPU temp you are seeing and not the case temp right?

steve

Already done that, didn't seem to do the trick. Besides, just hours before it reached mid 50 idle (under os 4) so unless I am incredibly dusty, that should not be the problem.

In OS6, under performance, the CPU temp is measured at 77 degrees Celsius under heavy load with the fan at 1200 rpms. Is it measuring something else?
I don't recall the temp under radiator but I do know it never reached above 60 degrees Celsius under heavy load.
Message 16 of 83
StephenB
Guru

https://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15#p378284

It might be useful if someone from netgear could tell us if the CPU temp is measured via diode or DTS with OS6
Message 17 of 83
paltrude
Aspirant

Mhm, I had thought about asking that actually.

Should I be more concerned? Switch back to Raidiator 4.2.28+?

The Ultra 2 (albeit with 2 GB RAM) works great with OS 6 as far as my usage is concerned, I would just like to avoid having to replace it because of accidental frying of components...
It seems to have a CPU temp between 70 and as high as 80C but then it went down to 70 almost directly, the SYSTEM temp around 33C, the disks are 44 and 42 respectively (as before btw).

Should I try the fan control script I read about in http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=71155 and see if I can get the CPU temp down?

I am quite unfamiliar with ssh and such, so pointing me towards a "how to" would be great.
Message 18 of 83
Cliff_MI
Guide

I am liking most things in 6.2.3/4 However I have found some issues.

Backup wizard is not working now. I can't create any new backups.

Also I get issue with one machine not connecting to the internet, It will not update the virus protection, install apps, or email issues to me until I reboot it. Then it works for a time and then it starts again.

I have also notice the higher temperature readings on one of my boxes. (I have two Pro2) One runs normal the other runs hotter)

I just reset the problem NAS back to a factory default to see if that was the issue. I will be monitoring it for a while to see how things go.
Message 19 of 83
dudlian
Aspirant

6.2.4 RN102 - cannot create a new back up job. Seems like a problem common to many people based on other posts.
Message 20 of 83
PatarNoster
Aspirant

Hi Team

I have the RdyNas 104 and since the new update it keeps discconecting in admin page, and then i refresh and i am back again, i am also unable re install.

Any ideas
Message 21 of 83
3square
Aspirant

why does every update breaks the readycloud remote desktop-client's VPN. After a while it'll work again, and then the next update will break it. VPN disconnected
Message 22 of 83
morad002
Aspirant

6.2.4 installed without any problems. But now after a few hours the ReadyNas 102 goes "Offline" and I can't get into the admin page. Also Can't detect the NAS with RAIDar. Switch off does not respond and I have to pull the power cord out to switch it off. Once On, all works till it goes "Offline" again!
Message 23 of 83
louis_houghton
Aspirant

Hi,

We upgraded to the latest v6.2.4 on our ReadyNas 2120 on Monday but since it rebooted after the update we cannot rename folders/files. We cannot crate new shares etc. Every time we try one of these tasks it comes up with an out of disk space error, there is 0 bytes left, please free up some room.

This is causing major issues as all backups to the device are now failing.

Has any else had these issues since upgrading?

Cheers

Louis
Message 24 of 83
applesandsynths
Aspirant

Since upgrading to 6.2.4, I haven't been able to upload .deb files to install newer versions of Plex.I keep getting failed messages. When trying to remove an installed app from Frontview, it fails. I've tried manually removing plex by running dpkg -rm, then sftping into the NAS to delete the plex folder in /apps, but am still experiencing the same result.

I also tried removing stat from my installed apps, and that app refuses to disappear also. Never had these issues before.

I should also mention, the same is happening on both my Ultra2 Plus and Pro 6. I even tried downgrading back to a 6.2.3 beta and the same is happening 😕
Message 25 of 83
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements