× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Got kicked out of my RN2120, cannot access it anymore

jangoloti
Apprentice

Got kicked out of my RN2120, cannot access it anymore

Dear all

I tried to setup Port Aggregation on my RN2120/Linksys LGS326P after reading the post below:

NAS LINK Aggregation bonding 

On the switch side I created "LAG 1" with the two ports of the switch to which I had connected the two ports of the NAS. I did not change any other settings. I left then: LAG MODE: UP, Protected LAG enable: not ticked, LACP Enable: not ticked, AutoNegotiation: Enable, Auto Advertisement: MAx Capability (only choiice), Flow Control: Disable.

On the NAS RN2120 side I chose a bond with "Round Robin" after what I read above. At that moment I got a pop up saying that the bond could not be created, I could show the details but not cancel the request. At that moment I realised I had lost contact with the NAS, I cannot see any IP address on the DHCP server of the router, RAIDar did not find it, etc... (actually connecting the second Ethernet adapter to the switch gives an IP address on the DHCP server but I cannot use it to access the NAS).

I have tried removing the LAG from the Switch and disconnecting the Ethernet cable on the second adapter, ETH0 I think, to no avail.

I accept I went beyond my knowledge level on this one but I am trapped now and it is too late.

Any idea how to recover control/access to the NAS? I have never used ssh access but is that a solution? Reset and "OS reinstall" maybe?

Best regards,

JA

Model: RN21243E|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4- Bay 4x3TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jangoloti
Apprentice

Re: Got kicked out of my RN2120, cannot access it anymore

OK, the NAS was just stuck, I realized that when I could not switch it off with the power button.

I would request an administrator to delete this monologue post but I think it is a lesson for us all: Do not go beyond your cappacieites with IT and important data before being sure you understand what you do.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
jangoloti
Apprentice

I reply to myself in order not to confuse those who rhad already read the first post.

I continue investigating: Before resetting/risking the data in the NAS I prefer to get the Link Aggregation working...

I have seen I need to set Dynamic Ling Aggregation on the Switch side, it is set enabling LACP on the Linksys. That I have done. It should get better but it does not.

There is activity on one of the leds of the NAS and its corresponding port on the Switch, but none on the other ETH adapter. I only find the static IP adress 1.81 I set in the router, it means it is probably not seen by the DHCP server anyway.

Message 2 of 4
jangoloti
Apprentice

Again I reply to myself, I need to DISABLE Dynamic Ling Aggregation.

The DHCP server has identified one of the MAC addresses and I have the ..1.81 address available again, there is activity on one of the leds but cannot access to that IP Address. And the LAG Port Aggregation says is UP (i.e., working) on the Linksys Switch control panel...

Message 3 of 4
jangoloti
Apprentice

OK, the NAS was just stuck, I realized that when I could not switch it off with the power button.

I would request an administrator to delete this monologue post but I think it is a lesson for us all: Do not go beyond your cappacieites with IT and important data before being sure you understand what you do.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements