× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hardware Compatibility List

sgibbers17
Aspirant

Hardware Compatibility List

I am looking to get a Ultra 6+ or Pro 6 and was looking at the Hardware Compatibility List and noticed that I couldn't find some of the 3TB drives on Newegg. I did some further searching into the WD green 3TB drive on the list is the older model of the 3TB WD Green Drive that I currently have. Has this drive not been tested yet or is the Compatibility List out of date?
Message 1 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Hardware Compatibility List

When a drive is not listed, you do not know if the drive has not been tested, or has proven unreliable when it was tested. You only know when the drive has passed if it is added to the list. The list is updated periodically. SInce the Ultra 6+ and Pro 6 are newer models, the drives listed are more current than some of the older models.

In addition, WD consumer grade drives are not recommended by WD to be used in RAID environments. They recommend the enterprise (more expensive and more stringent specs) class drives in RAID service.

Many users have found the Hitachi drives to be very reliable.
Message 2 of 4
neozero84
Aspirant

Hello I was thinking about getting the Netgear RND2000, however I have an older WD drive model number wd5000aaks-00ygao’, as I know it is a old drive, do you think it will work to gain all the INFO off it and then up date to a newer dive,
Please let me know what you think. Thanks
😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄
JOEL
Message 3 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

What data is on the drive and what device wrote the data on it? If the drive has not previously been used as a solo or one of a pair of drives in a Duo or NV+ ReadyNAS, it will be initialized (formatted and the OS installed) and the data will be gone. If the data was written when in a PC running any version of Windows, it would be best to install a new drive in the Duo, this drive in your PC and copy the data over the network.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements