× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How does the Pro Warranty work?

MidMan
Aspirant

How does the Pro Warranty work?

Hi, I run a small IT Consultancy and one of my clients has a requirement for a NAS (the ReadyNAS Pro 4 looks ideal). As I am not a Netgear reseller, I would purchase the ReadyNAS from a reseller and then sell it on to the client bundled with my installation service. Obviously I want the 5 year warranty to be held by my client. If my client needed to call on the warranty, would my invoice to them be sufficient proof of purchase or would this be seen as an attempt to transfer the warranty and therefore make it invalid?

Thanks in advance.

MidMan
Message 1 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: How does the Pro Warranty work?

You might want to call Customer Service directly and discuss the situation with them. Here is their contact page.
Message 2 of 4
chirpa
Luminary

Register the NAS in the clients name. You can do this for them, or let them do it. There will be a 'Register' button in the FrontView GUI, as well as at the end of the setup wizard.

Warranty on a Pro 4 should be five years, from date of purchase. There is 90-days free phone support at the beginning.

If you have to call in at some point for warranty purposes, giving them the serial number should be enough.
Message 3 of 4
MidMan
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies Chirpa and Papabear, I spoke with customer services and they said it would be fine. If my client opens the box and my business invoiced the client, the warranty will start at the date of my invoice. He also said to register the NAS in my client's name. So thanks again for your help.

Midman
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements