× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How long should mdcsrepair.service take on my readynas104?

Sjarrel
Aspirant

How long should mdcsrepair.service take on my readynas104?

Well over a week back I had some trouble accessing my readynas104 via my local network. Best trick with any computer problem: turning it off and on again. Except it's now been stuck on "booting 63%...." for close to 10 days. When pushing the power button again the display changes to "mdcsrepair.servi" and 63%, and stays at that same percentage.

I've got 3 2TB harddisks in the system and am wondering how much longer this is going to take. Does anybody have a rough idea how long this should be taking? Obviously I I'm not expecting a very precise answer, but a general "oh this will take X to Y days" would by nice. Or a "nope, if it's been busy this long you're in trouble!" is also acceptable, though not what I want to hear 😕

Any tips to get stuff going would also be nice, as this device contains many precious memories.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: How long should mdcsrepair.service take on my readynas104?

That service apparently was developed by Netgear, and there is no documention out there that describes what it does

Hopefully one of the mods ( @Marc_V or @JeraldM ) will chime in, and give some guidance.

Message 2 of 4
Sjarrel
Aspirant

So a week on, still no change.

Could it simply be that one of my disks has failed?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Sjarrel wrote:

So a week on, still no change.

Could it simply be that one of my disks has failed?

Yes. What model drives are you using?  Models that use SMR technology can be particularly problematic in RAID arrays.

Still, it shouldn't take nearly that long to repair 3x2TB.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements