× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to add multiple folders to ReadyNAS Backup?

Mauser69
Tutor

How to add multiple folders to ReadyNAS Backup?

First post on this forum - I know this must be documented, but a search brings of 10 billion unrelated items.  I am very sorry if I am duplicating existing information.

I have a ReadyNAS 214, RAID5, that I am preparing to do vertical expand for more storage.  I want to do temporary backups of the existing data.  Using the Admin Backup page, I can successfully create and run individual backups for each folder on the RadyNAS to an eSATA drive, but I cannot find any way to backup multiple folders at one time. 

For example, I have a share for Videos, and that has 4 sub-folders, one of which is just copies of videos stored on other external media.  So I want to back up just 3 of the subfolders under the Video share (excluding the "copies" subfolder), and I would like to do this with one backup job instead of making three separate jobs.  I need to specify multiple folders to include in the backup, or one folder to exclude.  Is this possible?  Thanks

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: How to add multiple folders to ReadyNAS Backup?

It can only be done in an RSYNC backup.  To fool the NAS into using RSYNC between two local shares, create a backup that uses IP 127.1.1.1 (known as the universal loopback address) as the "external" source and the eSATA share as the local destination.  Make sure RSYNC is enabled on both in the share settings, and that WRITE is enabled at least on the destination.  Once you have created the job, go to the job Settings (wheel icon at the right of the job listing) and on the Advanced tab you can specify file and folder exclusions.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements