× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to deal with end-of-life hard drives?

brais32
Aspirant

How to deal with end-of-life hard drives?

Our Readynas3200 came with Seagate ST2000NM0011 hard drives. We would like to expand the storage capacity on this storage unit but discovered that these hard drives are end-of-life.

I'm use to working with Enterprise hardware that have field replaceable unit numbers to which a vendor can use and provide an equivalent compatible hard drive. In this particular case, there are no FRU numbers on these seagate hard drives.

How would I determine the right replacement for these Seagate units? Can I mix brands/models of hard drives (ie purchase a Wester Digital) - assuming as long as it's on the HCL for the ReadyNas 3200?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

You can mix and match. You do need to use the same size (or larger), so check the datasheet for the number of sectors (as well as checking the HCL).
Message 2 of 4
brais32
Aspirant

Excellent! Thank you for the quick response.
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Also note that the 3200 is limited to a max of 2TB drives in channels 5-12. Channels 1-4 will take larger capacity drives but there aren't any on the compatibility list.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements