× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to setup a new diskless 516 with raid 10?

sherrod90746
Aspirant

How to setup a new diskless 516 with raid 10?

How to setup a new diskless 516 with raid 10? I have purchased a new Readynas 516 diskless unit and 6 x 4tb WD Red disk drives. While waiting for the hard-drives to arrive I'm trying to get some preparation information on new install. I've read that I should start by installing 1 disk first and updating lastest version verify uppdate completed successfully power down, put all disk in and do a factory default. To use RAID 10 or also called 0+1 I understand I will need to disable X-RAID, select Flex Raid. My question is will there be a dropdown box to select RAID 10 or will I need to select RAID-0 than select RAID 1? I don't want to select RAID - 0 and in up with one large volume of 6 x 4TB space or the 6 disked in a mirrored RAID - 1. Will there be a selection in the dropdown box for raid 10 or (0+1)? 

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to setup a new diskless 516 with raid 10?

I can't check it (since my OS 6 NAS are all 2-bay).  But you should see RAID-10 (or possibly 1+0).

Message 2 of 3
sherrod90746
Aspirant

Re: How to setup a new diskless 516 with raid 10?

Great! I'll let you know the results. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements