× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am stuck at everything looks like it work but...cannto log into ReadyNAS nv+

GRRRRRR
Aspirant

I am stuck at everything looks like it work but...cannto log into ReadyNAS nv+

I bought this NAS from a friend before he returned to China. It worked on his machine. I set it up and installed 4- 4T drives as directed by the hardware manual.THe machine initialized and formatted all four disks without a hitch. Everything looks as it should. I can see the NAS on both my desktop and laptop. However, I cannot log into it or even find software. I cannot access it so I do not know what to do next. Should I reset it or what? Is there any documentation how to use this thing? I really need an NAS as I have one machine for teaching EFL (win 10 with 8 GIGS RAM, one laptop for backup and misc, and am rebuilding my work horse and should have that ready this week. Had to find a good mobo. That maching will have 32GIGs RAM an 1-7 processor, plenty of storage and gigabit ethernet,

My network is Rogers Gigabit. I am using a new Cat6 cable and have been using Firefox. I have Edge and Opera if necessary, and could roll back to WIN7 is needed. I am sitting here feeling stupid and that is unconfortable. I am still working at 74, so please somebody help me. I am the geekiest person I know, so I do not have a go-to person. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: I am stuck at everything looks like it work but...cannto log into ReadyNAS nv+

Do you know the admin password for the NAS?

Also, is the PC running Windows 10? if not, what is it running?

Try installing RAIDar on a PC, and see if it can discover the NAS.  If it does find it, can you let us know what firmware it is running (either 4.1.x or 5.3.x).  Also note the IP address.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: I am stuck at everything looks like it work but...cannto log into ReadyNAS nv+

Do you know the admin password for the NAS?

Also, is the PC running Windows 10? if not, what is it running?

Try installing RAIDar on a PC, and see if it can discover the NAS.  If it does find it, can you let us know what firmware it is running (either 4.1.x or 5.3.x).  Also note the IP address.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 2 of 3
GRRRRRR
Aspirant

Thank you. I managed to install that software and i logged into the NAS. Now I am working through all the setup steps. I appreciate your help. Karena

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements