× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I got my readynas duo from a friend and I have no clue how to use it

Amg554
Aspirant

I got my readynas duo from a friend and I have no clue how to use it

I have tried to connect the readynas to my router using the ethernet cable and i have run RAIDar but i cant find the device. Can someone tell me what exactly I need to do.

Message 1 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: I got my readynas duo from a friend and I have no clue how to use it

Hi @Amg554

Welcome to the Community!

Does the Ethernet port has activity light? If there's none you might need to check if there's any issue with the cable or the NIC itself.

Also, if this NAS was in use before you got it, there's a possibility that it is set with an IP not the same as your Network, hence not being detected by RAIDar on your Network.

If you don't have any data in the NAS yet I would advise doing a Factory reset so your NAS will have a fresh configuration or perform an OS-reinstall to reset the Network configuration and the password.

Also, you may have to make sure you have the correct Duo version, you can check it using this guide.

Regards

Message 2 of 6
Amg554
Aspirant

I have found out that the Readynas i have is a duo v1 though i'm not sure f the more specific model name. 

What apps should I be using other than RAIDar. 

Message 3 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Amg554

RAIDar would be your best tool to use. Does your NAS have network activity going on? any light indicators on?

Here is the guide on doing an OS Reinstall or Factory reset on your Duo V1.

Regards

Message 4 of 6
Amg554
Aspirant

I have followed the ReadyNAS reset instructions but I don't think it is connected to the router yet. There is no ethernet light on the router and no light indicators on the NAS either.

There is definitely no problem with the cable as i have tried different ethernet cables and it still doesn't work so the problem is something else.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

If it has disks installed, then try powering down and removing them.  Then power up again. You should see LED indicators on the NAS and the fan will be fairly loud.

RAIDar should also be able to find it on your network, and give you a "no disks" status.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements