× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Initial setup on a new network RND2150

Bigben06
Aspirant

Initial setup on a new network RND2150

I am trying to setup my ReadyNAS on my new Google WiFi mesh home network.  In the past on my previous home network I would be able to connect to the NAS drive via my web browser.  Now it times out.  The RAIDar software sees the unit but can not connect via Chrome.

I have also tried to connect via ReadyCLOUD but no luck.  I even tried to input the serial number via ReadyCLOUD but that did not help.

My ReadyNAS is connected directly to one of my Google WiFi mesh pods.  I is connected to the same pod as my modem.  I'm not sure if this fact has any impact.

Thank you for any help!

Model: ReadyNAS RND2150|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Initial setup on a new network RND2150

Hi @Bigben06

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, in that case since you have a new router with a different network address doing an OS-Reinstall on the NAS would be needed to reset the Network settings and set it back to DHCP.

Once OS-Reinstall is done the NAS should then request an IP address on the new router.

Another way is to set the new router you have to use the old Network address you are using, you just need to make sure that you reserve the current NAS IP no conflict will occur.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Is the NAS IP address on the same subnet as the router?

The first three fields of the IP address should match (for instance 192.168.1.1 for the router and 192.168.1.100 for the NAS).

Message 2 of 5
Bigben06
Aspirant

They don't match. My old router and NAS IP's were very similar to what you listed but my new router is different and I don't know how to access the NAS now.
Do I need to "reset" the NAS in order to access it. It is like the new router needs to give the NAS a new address. I believe I've cycled power to the NAS.
Thanks again.
Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Bigben06

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, in that case since you have a new router with a different network address doing an OS-Reinstall on the NAS would be needed to reset the Network settings and set it back to DHCP.

Once OS-Reinstall is done the NAS should then request an IP address on the new router.

Another way is to set the new router you have to use the old Network address you are using, you just need to make sure that you reserve the current NAS IP no conflict will occur.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Regards

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

I'd use this alternative method.  Personally I don't like use the boot menu options on the Duo, as it has no screen.  You need to careful on interpreting the LED status (and if you accidentally do a factory default, you will lose your data).

Adjusting the router to use 192.168.1.x addresses is easy.  Once there, go into the NAS and change it to use DHCP instead of a static address.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements