× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is the RN428 discontinued or just out of stock everywhere?

johnEs
Follower

Is the RN428 discontinued or just out of stock everywhere?

I have been ooking around and can't find any details on it being still an active product - can't even see it on the Netgear site.

Does anyone know if its just a supply shortage or if it's gone?

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@johnEs wrote:

I have been looking around and can't find any details on it being still an active product - can't even see it on the Netgear site.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RN428.aspx doesn't identify it as discontinued (compare to https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RN316.aspx, which is discontinued).

That said, some folks here have gotten some info suggesting that Netgear is exiting the NAS business.   Netgear hasn't said.

Message 2 of 5
mdirvin
Aspirant

What I have noticed is that when a large company goes silent on a product, with no new products being developed, and all existing stock is sold out for an extended time is that the division is being sold.  I expect that there will be an anoucement sometime in th future.

Message 3 of 5
joe_schmo
Tutor

So it does seem like maybe they are discontinuign the ReadyNas line.
Is it an allowed topic to discuss what everyone suggests moving to?  I've been a readynas customer for over 10 years so I have no idea what any other company offers.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@joe_schmo wrote:

Is it an allowed topic to discuss what everyone suggests moving to?  I've been a readynas customer for over 10 years so I have no idea what any other company offers.

Best way to find out is to start the discussion, and see if the mods remove the posts.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements