× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Isn't it time for a software upgrade?

kcrossley
Aspirant

Isn't it time for a software upgrade?

I've been a loyal and long term user of the ReadyNAS system and RAIDar, but it's kinda getting long in the tooth. When can we expect a major software upgrade, similar to what the folks at Synology have come up with? 🙂
Message 1 of 8
john_nguyen
Aspirant

Re: Isn't it time for a software upgrade?

Hello,

We are expecting to have a tottaly different version of Frontview and it's call Dashboard instead. But no idea or information when Netgear will release this new firmware.

John N
1-888-NETGEAR
Message 2 of 8
tiranor
Aspirant

john.nguyen wrote:
We are expecting to have a tottaly different version of Frontview and it's call Dashboard instead.

Could be interesting, any spoilers ?

john.nguyen wrote:
But no idea or information when Netgear will release this new firmware.

That's the problem, as we don't have a clear view of what's going on, and what to expect in the next X months, many people will turn to the competition when updating their hardware (I love my Ultra4, but when i compare the software developpement between the ReadyNAS and the competition, I don't really think about buying Netgear when I'll replace my NAS)
Message 3 of 8
kcrossley
Aspirant

Agreed. Many of my former Netgear ReadyNAS friends have already switched to Synology and love it. 😞
Message 4 of 8
kullyrai
Tutor

john.nguyen wrote:
Hello,

We are expecting to have a tottaly different version of Frontview and it's call Dashboard instead. But no idea or information when Netgear will release this new firmware.

Is that not just the same Dashboard as already used by the Duo/NV v2's?
Message 5 of 8
tiranor
Aspirant

I thought it was still called Frontview, but a quick search on internet show the v2's interface as dashboard...
Message 6 of 8
kossboss
Guide

FRONTVIEW is the web GUIfrontend for READYNAS sponsoring RAIDIATOR VERSIONS 4.1.x (SPARC units) and 4.2.x (INTEL units) an. DASHBOARD is the web GUI frontend for READYNAS 5.x version (ARM units).
The READYDATA units are of version 1.x.x and their web gui is called "DASHBOARD". Dont let the version numbers trick you. If you have a DUO v1 with 4.1.10 and you see 4.2.22, don't download it, because its not for your architecture.

There is no word yet of a changing GUI for any of the following devices. There are new firmwares coming out, with new features and new fixes - they come out on per need basis and also takes a few months.

However the very first question that was asked in this forum points towards mostly like a complete change over --- no word of the eta on this side. However im sure that NETGEAR will continously take care of thier units that are not end of life and continously come out with good firmware upgrade and new features. This will be every now and again - when necessary for either business profits or to take care of issues/needs. The good customer base will be updated through www.netgear.com and www.readynas.com. So keep an eye out.
Message 7 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

Support agents like Kostia can only guessimate so far. I've been there, they don't get all the info.

I'd like to see someone like Jabba The Hut, the product line manager for these ReadyNAS units, to come on here and comment. There has been a major lack in attendance here of management the second half of this year.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements