× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Job is already in the queue. Consider adjusting the backup schedule.

rachel2019
Aspirant

Job is already in the queue. Consider adjusting the backup schedule.

Hi, 

Please can someone help urgently, a customer of our has a readynas box 524x and we have usb backups in the nas box that back up every night. We recently had to wipe the box as we could know longer connect to it and we set the usb jobs up the same way as before, but we keep getting a constent error about ajusting the backup schedule. 

We are on the lastest firmware 6.9.5 . Can we stop these annoying alerts.

P.s the guy does need the alerts switched on to tell him if the backups were successful or not.

Thanks 

Model: RN524X|ReadyNAS 524X – Premium Performance Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@rachel2019 wrote:

P.s the guy does need the alerts switched on to tell him if the backups were successful or not.

And the alert is telling him that a backup hasn't completed successfully.  The error is happening because an earlier backup job hasn't finished.  

If you are doing incremental backups, then perhaps the initial backup just needs more time to complete.  Just disable the schedule for that job until it does.

If you think the backup job might have hung, then you could cancel it.  You could then either start it manually (disabling the schedule for a bit), or just wait until the next backup cycle.  Personally I'd run it manually and keep an eye on it.

The logs might give more clues.

Message 2 of 4
rachel2019
Aspirant

Hi, 

The backup jobs have all worked, they have been working for 1 week. But we keep getting those alerts, is there another reason

why? I read it could be a bug somewhere?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I'd first look at the completion times in the logs, and confirm that that specific backup job is completing before the next scheduled backup.  

If that's the case, then I'd try rebooting the NAS.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements