× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: KTH-ZD7000/1G for ReadyNas NV+ 4000

Pixeltje
Aspirant

KTH-ZD7000/1G for ReadyNas NV+ 4000

Hi,

I've been searching around a bit and tried to obtain the official HCL from the netgear site. The link that should take me there however, leads to some sort of warning about upgrading and warranty, then there's a link to this board.

However, I've read some of the threads here about upgrading the memory (now 256MB) in my readynas NV+. It has 4 2TB discs in it and is running several add-ons and services, so some extra memory should enhance performance.
I've managed to get hold on a Kingston KTH-ZD7000/1G memory module from Kingston. Sure enough it's DDR1 PC 2700 and as far as I can see CL2.5. However, i'd like some comment on whether you guys think this is going to work or not. I know I need to run the memory test for serveral times to be sure it'll work without problems, but I don't want to damage the NAS by installing the wrong module.

PLease let me know whether you think it's gonna work or not.. 🙂

thanks!
Message 1 of 7
DirtyDonki
Aspirant

BUMP

I'd like to know also.

I suspect from reading in many other places 1GB SODIMM DDRII PC3200 is what should do the trick.

The real question is, is there any real point?
Message 2 of 7
Pixeltje
Aspirant

DirtyDonki wrote:
BUMP

I'd like to know also.

I suspect from reading in many other places 1GB SODIMM DDRII PC3200 is what should do the trick.

The real question is, is there any real point?

Don't wanna spoil Your day but ddr2 ain't gonna work. 😉

I've took a gamble and found That te memory works. Ran two memtests, both passed.
Message 3 of 7
DirtyDonki
Aspirant

I got an Integral1GB Module from pissy world 200 Pin 2.5v DDR333 PC2700 SoDimm & can confirmed it to do the job nicely. 🙂

Passed memory test twice. :rofl:

For information the 256 module that was in there was DDR400.
Message 4 of 7
nixuser23
Aspirant

I found one of these in a bin. Won't boot at all.
Message 5 of 7
Pixeltje
Aspirant

nixuser23 wrote:
I found one of these in a bin. Won't boot at all.

Guess that's why you found it in a bin..

Anyway, my readynas works just fine with the 1GB memory module in place..
Message 6 of 7
gravytrain
Aspirant

i just ordered the Crucial CT12864X335 1Gb stick myself from newegg. It is probably the most often confirmed 1Gb module for the Sparc NV+ NAS. It's $30 whopping bucks shipped. If you have $500+ in your NAS, the least you can do is spend $30 to get memory known to work.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements