× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Loading please wait loop

Johncaputo
Tutor

Loading please wait loop

When i attempt to log onto our cloud it just says loading please wait and it keeps refreshing and trying on its on in a loop. I reset our cloud and network and this didn't solve the problem. The lack of support for blaring issues just seems criminal to me and a scam to try and make me pay for your issues. My support plan only lasted a few months but the issues didn't stop and you haven't improved your system. Heres a million dollar idea for you. Take it. Make it so we don't have to make netgear accounts for our added users, its a hoop that is totally worthless and a waste of time. The design of this system wasn't thought out at all for a user experence and i wouldn't recomend netgear to anyone due to the lack of support and design. In the meantime please get your server online so we can continue work. You are burning our time and money and we are very dissapointed with the whole experience.

Model: RNDU4220 Ultra 4|READYNAS ULTRA 4 (4TB: 2 X 2TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 17
StephenB
Guru

Not sure if you want the community to help, or if you just want to express your opinion on Netgear.

If you want community help - can you tell us what "our cloud" is, and what ReadyNAS you are using?  The Ultra isn't compatible with ReadyCloud.

Message 2 of 17
Sandshark
Sensei

There are other VPN solutions to accessing your NAS remotely, you don't have to use ReadyCloud.  I use ZeroTier.  And if you aren't accessing it remotely, why are you using ReadyCloud at all?

Message 3 of 17
Johncaputo
Tutor

Alittle bit of both because it seems like a crime to have to pay for support for a faulty product. I didn't sign up to be a beta tester. You are correct i couldn't find my model in the drop down menu when i created this thread. The model is RN42200. I would refer to tech support but they think they can charge me for fixing probelms they brought on to me. This is day two of loading please wait loop when signing into readycloud.

Message 4 of 17
Johncaputo
Tutor

Honestly im not sure and im researching zerotier right now. Thank you for your input

Message 5 of 17
Johncaputo
Tutor

I fixed the probelm for now but i don't think this should have happened. This Happened on multiple machines. I tried logging in via incognito and it worked so i figured the browser cookies history and catch needed to be cleaned in the normal Chrome browser. I cleared this and it fixed my probelm on all the machines. Im not sure what we picked up that caused this but we only deal with business files here theres nothing questionable in our server files. I truely still think this is a sorfware error on netgears end they haven't announced because they haven't fixed i. Thank you to the community people for giving me a few seconds of your time. 

Message 6 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@Johncaputo wrote:

You are correct i couldn't find my model in the drop down menu when i created this thread. The model is RN42200. 

That's because the RN 422 isn't in the list (though the 424, 426, and 428 all are).

@ChristineT , @JohnCM_S @Marc_V: can you take care of this?

@Johncaputo wrote:

This is day two of loading please wait loop when signing into readycloud.

Honestly I can't recommend using ReadyCloud for a business-critical application.  If you are trying to do that I think you will get very frustrated. 

If you just want remote access, then deploying a VPN router is probably the best way to go - that would give remote workers full access to corporate network (including the NAS).  ZeroTier can also work for that.

If you need the other services that ReadyCloud offers, then I'd suggest OwnCloud or NextCloud.  Both need ports forwarded, and you need either a DNS or DDNS name for the router IP.  Once done, the management is under your control, with no reliance on cloud services.

Message 7 of 17
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@StephenB

I checked this already and sent notice to @ChristineT so we could add missing models.

@Johncaputo

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with the ReadyCloud service.

While ReadyCloud can be used for remote access and Cloud services, there are still some limitations with the free service and I would agree with using VPN connection as an alternative to ReadyCloud.

The issue you are experiencing seems to happen when accessing the ReadyCloud portal, we are actually using ReadyCloud with our own NAS and I can say it works fine though there are times that we are having issues as well due to a number of factors (Internet connection, LAN issues or ReadyCloud server issues). If I understand the looping issue got resolved by clearing the web cache or by using Incognito, this seems to point to a browser issue which needs to be cleared and now works fine if I understood it correctly.

Have you tried using the ReadyCloud desktop app? Please let me know if you have and if you are experiencing issues with it as well so the Community will be able to assist you.

HTH

Regards

Message 8 of 17
Zizuar
Aspirant

I’m experiencing the same problem right now after setting back up against my better judgment my ready cloud… How do I said I never said it back up again when six months ago it got hacked into for the third time and this time cost me quite a bit of IP for a startup. However I’m backed into the corner at the moment… Not to mention that my extremely expensive cable modem keeps getting some sort of network intrusion. I don’t blame the guy for venting a bit. After all of next year’s claims about security and not releasing vulnerabilities and what the third dedicated to being the best about security for the community they have a hard way of showing it. Matter of fact the only Company worse about security is Comcast/Xfinity. And Mr. superuser another reason that people go against Netgear now is because of people like you as well who defend them and get an uppity attitude when people are rightly frustrated. To even address a major security breach of their software which is quite negligent on their part considering the last time they had patched it they wanted $150 for a new serviceContract. They don’t care about our security they only care about our money… And the community feels a lot of the same way whenever I reached out for support there I got the same kind of attitude that He got from you. I was coming here thinking that maybe I will finally find somebody who could help… Instead I found a lot of the same you’re not a community, you’re their mob enforcers.
Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router, GS716Tv2|16 ports ProSafe Gigabit Smart switch, MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router, RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 9 of 17
Sandshark
Sensei

Since most of the replies were basically "ReadyCloud probably isn't the best solution for your use", I don't know how you could consider that to be coming from "Netgear's enforcers".  I'll go one farther, as I have before,  ReadyCloud is probably not the best solution for anybody., though it is probably the simplest to set up (when it works).  It is a really poorly thought out concept.  The old ReadyNAS Remote, which was basically a dedicated VPN, was a far better solution (at least conceptually, I'm sure the implementation would have needed a lot of updating by now).  ZeroTier can give you an experience similar to that, with a whole lot more available if you so desire.  Other VPN solutions have their plusses and minuses, too.

Message 10 of 17
Zizuar
Aspirant

Sandshark, my apologies.. my post was stated in a flash of roiling anger at an extremely broad spectrum of people and that was totally unfair of me. My real anger is directed towards the pricks in charge of Netgear who tend to use the devices they manufacture and sell you as just another piece of RansomWare hidden in a baremetal (or plastic) device. When you have a security issue on your hands and they won't even lift a finger till you pay up.. reminds me of the e-mail i got telling me how I could get access back to my files. Except this one is hidden behind a legal veil of commerce and fake public image statements.

*rant done*

Again, sorry.. meant that as an apology and it just spilled out. I just love who I've been turned into..

--I'm going to check out ZeroTier. As of this morning though I cannot even access the hardware directly in an SSL loop. BitDefender and xFi can see the device is connected and fine.. just totally unresponsive.

Message 11 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@Zizuar wrote:

As of this morning though I cannot even access the hardware directly in an SSL loop. BitDefender and xFi can see the device is connected and fine.

https://nas-ip-address/admin doesn't respond? (using the real NAS IP of course).

Are the shares accessible in Windows File Explorer (w/o ReadyCloud)?

Message 12 of 17
Zizuar
Aspirant

The browser login window never appears and the connection either times out or sits there thinking. I also attempted to connect using the desktop readycloud app from one of my machines as well as an iPhone. They say it's not online. I didn't check File Explorer, though I disabled SMB until I could fully evaluate everything. The last two problems I had with the device were via SMB exploit attacks throughout my network.Before even considering attempting to use it again I put all new hard drives in and factory reset the device at least twice.

Message 13 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@Zizuar wrote:

The browser login window never appears and the connection either times out or sits there thinking. I also attempted to connect using the desktop readycloud app from one of my machines as well as an iPhone. They say it's not online.

Try RAIDar.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

If you know the IP address, also try pinging it.

Message 14 of 17
Zizuar
Aspirant

Both were no goes. A later attempt to access the admin page directly got me to the login but not past it. Kept telling me the network got reset.
Message 15 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@Zizuar wrote:
 A later attempt to access the admin page directly got me to the login but not past it. Kept telling me the network got reset.

Did you get the login prompt? 

Were you using the NAS name in the URL or the NAS IP address?

@Zizuar wrote:
Both were no goes. 

If ping fails, then you should look into that first.  After the factory reset, the NAS will use DHCP.  Have you confirmed the NAS has a valid IP address for your network?

Message 16 of 17
TimHK
Aspirant

What is the solution to get through??

Model: RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation