× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Locked Myself Out of my new NAS RN21400

MCDelaware
Tutor

Locked Myself Out of my new NAS RN21400

The My Products Netgear page shows checkmarks for PHONE, CHAT, and email support on this device but there are no icons to start a chat and no phone number to call to connect with someone to help me resolve my problem.  A small window pops up entitled "Product Warranty Information" when  I click on any of the checkmarks.  Although a few days ago I uploaded a "Proof orf Purchase", the pop up is still requesting it. 

With nowhere else to turn, I sent an email to customer.service@netgear.com three days ago with the following request for help.  I have received no response, not even an automated acknowledgement that they received it.

Here is the problem I emailed seeking support:

- I just purchaserd a 2nd drive and want to set-up mirroring.

- I have forgotten the admin password,

- I have forgotten my answer to the security question for a password reset.

I need tech support to help me get back in to the set-up/configuration services as an admin since I'm locked out except for the user account I set up to use on a daily basis.

Once this is resolved, it would be helpful for future issues to know how to get to a chat with a tech support person, what their tech support email address is, and what the phone numbers and hours are for tech support.

If there is a hard reset of some kind that will not wipe out my existing saved files, I wouldnt mind rebuilding the user accounts.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Locked Myself Out of my new NAS RN21400

Hi MCDelaware,

You can do an OS reinstall so it will reset the NAS admin password to default without losing your data. You may check this link for the steps on how to access the boot menu and select the OS Reinstall.

If you are located in the North America region, the phone number that you can contact for the ReadyNAS support is 1-888-6384327 (NETGEAR). They are open 24x7. You should also be able to open an online ticket here.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MCDelaware,

You can do an OS reinstall so it will reset the NAS admin password to default without losing your data. You may check this link for the steps on how to access the boot menu and select the OS Reinstall.

If you are located in the North America region, the phone number that you can contact for the ReadyNAS support is 1-888-6384327 (NETGEAR). They are open 24x7. You should also be able to open an online ticket here.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MCDelaware,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
MCDelaware
Tutor

I performed the steps you outlined to reboot to flash so my data would not be destoryed.

I went online to readynas.netgear.

It sees the device as it was registered to my account.

But it immediately prompts me for an admin passord I did not recall.

I was still stuck!

A call to support reminded me what the default password was so I could get back to work.

I will be setting up a mirror drive as well as changing and recording new passwords.

Thank you for your input on resetting without data loss and for providing the support phone number.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements