× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for a 8 Bay ReadyNAS

Flussig29
Aspirant

Looking for a 8 Bay ReadyNAS

Hi there

Is there a problem with supply for the 8 Bay ReadyNAS units? I can't seem to find them in stock in the UK.

There is also a lack of 8 bay units on ebay which seems odd.

Can someone list all the models that are 8 bay?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Looking for a 8 Bay ReadyNAS

Manufacture of the units have been greatly affected by the pandemic add to it the distribution delay depending on what Country or region it will go. Hopefully everything gets back to normal. 

I agree with what @Sandshark mentioned regarding units with high demand are going out first.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
Laserbait
Luminary

CDW seems to have the 628X in stock: https://www.cdw.com/product/NETGEAR-ReadyNAS-628X-8-bay-NAS-Diskless-RN628X00-100NES/4435156

I don't the the 528X has been made in a long time, so probably out of stock everywhere.

Message 2 of 9
Flussig29
Aspirant

I'm in the UK so won't order from CDW. It does feel like the 8 bay design has been dropped given the lack of units available.

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Flussig29 wrote:

I'm in the UK so won't order from CDW. It does feel like the 8 bay design has been dropped given the lack of units available.

Amazon UK does have a couple RN628x in stock.

Message 4 of 9
Flussig29
Aspirant

I saw those but not sure sellers are genuine, some selling for £222 for a 8 Bay doesn't seem right

Message 5 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

The 8-bay units probably have the smallest demand other than rack mount.  There has been a shortage of supply of all units, which is changing.  Some have speculated it's because Netgear is going to replace or abandon them, but @StephenB and I suspect it's more COVID-19 colliding with the "just in time" supply chain that most manufacturers use.  Even if Netgear's manufacturing wasn't affected (and I'm sure it was), their supply chain definately would be.  And those products with least demand are undoubtedly going to be the last ones they get moving again.  I don't know if the ReadyNAS lines share production assets that may be going to more popular product lines like routers and switches.  Even simple transportation has been affected by COVID, with priority going to certain essential product groups.

Message 6 of 9
Flussig29
Aspirant

agreed, time will tell whether it's covid related or the dropping of lines.

Message 7 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Manufacture of the units have been greatly affected by the pandemic add to it the distribution delay depending on what Country or region it will go. Hopefully everything gets back to normal. 

I agree with what @Sandshark mentioned regarding units with high demand are going out first.

HTH

Message 8 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

Good to hear from an official Netgear source.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements