× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Manage ReadyNAS shares on your Blackberry/Android for free

pearly
Aspirant

Manage ReadyNAS shares on your Blackberry/Android for free

There's a Blackberry/Android application called Pader-SyncFM that connects to your ReadyNAS shares via FTP, SFTP, SSH, SMB, and WebDAV.

Now I know you can easily download files from your Blackberry/Android browser via FTP or WebDAV. The downside is that you can only download a single file at a time, plus you cannot truly manage your shares - only read access.

With Pader-SyncFM, if your shares have write access, you can easily create new directories, upload new files, rename, delete, and download multiple files at the same time.

I have personally tried Pader-SyncDAV (only has WebDAV protocol) and I was able to access my WebDAV share on my NV+ and download a file to my Blackberry Storm. I have not tested the other protocols, but I'm sure they will work.

The software is free for non-commercial use. You can grab it here:

http://www.pader-sync.com/products.html ... le_manager

If you only want one of those protocols, go here to pick the one you want:

http://www.pader-sync.com/products.html ... le_manager
Message 1 of 5
bwblackett
Aspirant

Re: Manage ReadyNAS shares on your Blackberry/Android for fr

No longer free - only a 30day trial......
Message 2 of 5
FoxyWFU
Aspirant

I'm using AndFTP (the free version) on my Android phone and it works great to access my ReadyNAS via FTP.
Message 3 of 5
ilkevinli
Aspirant

I use the same program to connect using SFTP which also works great with the Ultra plus.

FoxyWFU wrote:
I'm using AndFTP (the free version) on my Android phone and it works great to access my ReadyNAS via FTP.
Message 4 of 5
eea123
Aspirant

Site seems like it has been hacked or has a bug, Blackberry's appworld page seems stable though.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements