× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Management Dashboard for ReadyNas NVX

gator1350
Aspirant

Management Dashboard for ReadyNas NVX

I had a power supply on my RN4200 and after replacing it, I cannot get to the management window.  I can see the shares and mount them to the MAC, but i cannot do any administration to it.  It is atached to one of the 4 ports on the back of my wifi router.

I can ping it, I can to the ip address via the web, but only to the shares screen for which it sees none.

On my MAC however, I can see it and mount my shares.

How do i get insdide this thing to do a firmware upgrade? and some other thing?  Raidar does not detect it whether its on the lan or direct attached.

Model: ReadyNAS-4200|ReadyNAS 4200
Message 1 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gator1350,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you try accessing the http://<ReadyNAS IP address>/admin, where <ReadyNAS IP address> is the IP address of the ReadyNAS, on your web browser?

You should be able to access the NAS local admin page using that URL.

Regards,

Message 2 of 12
gator1350
Aspirant

I have tried that with the password I gave it, a new password I assigned it, and the original admin/password, but nothing.

It keeps asking for userid and password, and the message says something about Control Panel.

Thank You,

Steve

Message 3 of 12
gator1350
Aspirant

Also, I am using a Macbook Pro.  I have also direct attached it to my PC and cannot connect. When I put the address in the browser, the only thing that shows up is the shares window without any shares displaying.

Message 4 of 12
gator1350
Aspirant

Please see attached screenshot.

Model: RNDX4410|ReadyNAS NVX 4TB (4 x 1TB Desktop)
Message 5 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@gator1350 wrote:

When I put the address in the browser, the only thing that shows up is the shares window without any shares displaying.

That's because you are browsing to https://nas-ip-address.  Browse to https://nas-ip-address/admin instead.

The username has to be admin.

If you can't log in, then you can try doing an OS reinstall, which will set the password back to netgear1 (which is the default for your NAS).  Instructions are on pages 21-22 of the hardware manual here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RNDU2000/ReadyNAS_Ultra_UltraPlus_NVX_Pro_HW_en_8July11.p...

Message 6 of 12
gator1350
Aspirant

I have tried admin/password, admin/netgear1, my user id and password.

Nothing, will try the reload next as all my data was moved to another device till I get this working again.
Message 7 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

@gator1350 wrote:
I have tried admin/password, admin/netgear1, my user id and password.

Nothing, will try the reload next as all my data was moved to another device till I get this working again.

Unless you never changed the default admin password or you have done an OS re-install, you need to use user admin and the pasword you chose for the admin password when you set up the NAS.

Also, you really want to use https://, not http://, though the latter is supposed to re-direct to the former.

Message 8 of 12
gator1350
Aspirant

Ok, so i was able to reload the o/s and get into the admin page.  I then backed everything up, and swapped out the drives to 4x2TB drives.  Reset the NAS to factory defaults and let it do its thing.

All drives seem to be recognized from the unit, it built a new volumn, and loaded the latest firmware on the unit.

It built a new volumn from the 4x2TB drives and shows 5.4TB free. 

Now I am ready to create the share and restore my data back to the NAS.

One problem is though, I have the newe dhcpo address so I can go in and set static IP's and cannot get to the admin screen any more.

Ideas?

Thank You,

steve

Message 9 of 12
gator1350
Aspirant

All,

Thanks for the comments and help.  After clearing the cache on my browser, i was able to hit the admin page and complete the setup.

I have been using the Frontpanel site only because my ReadyNas NVX is not being discoverable by RAIDar.

Is my unit too early of a product to be recognized by RAIDar utility?

Model: RNDX4420|ReadyNAS NVX 8TB (4 x 2TB Desktop)
Message 10 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

Although 6.5 should be able to see your NAS, 4.3.8 is the latest version specifically designed for your generation NAS.  You can download it here: ReadyNAS-Downloads .

Message 11 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@gator1350 wrote:

Thanks for the comments and help.  After clearing the cache on my browser, i was able to hit the admin page and complete the setup.

I have been using the Frontpanel site only because my ReadyNas NVX is not being discoverable by RAIDar.

Is my unit too early of a product to be recognized by RAIDar utility?

Both RAIDar 4.3.8 and the newer 6.5 should detect your NAS.  Version 4.3.8 is needed if you ever want to switch to FlexRAID, otherwise 6.5 is fine.

RAIDar uses ethernet broadcast packets to discover the NAS (which also responds with it's own broadcast packets).  If that fails, then the problem is generally caused by something blocking those packets.  That could be an internet security package on the PC, or something in the router/switch settings.   

If this worked before the recent changes, then it's most likely an internet security package on the PC.  You likely enabled RAIDar traffic in that package at some point in the past, but that might no longer work with the new IP address of the NAS.  I suggest reserving the old IP address for the NAS in the router, and seeing if that solves the discovery issue.  Or just disable any internet security packages (including the Windows Firewall) as a test, and see if that works.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements