× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mapped drive only seen by windows

HURSTCOMP
Aspirant

Mapped drive only seen by windows

Installed readyNAS 426. Everything went great..I am running windows 10 and I mapped a folder on the NAS as F drive for storeage. Windows sees it as F drive everywhere but Most programs I run cannot find the mapped drive. Its as if the mapped drive is only seen in a windows 10 window and not in the programs.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RN426| ReadyNAS High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Mapped drive only seen by windows

@HURSTCOMP wrote:

Installed readyNAS 426. Everything went great..I am running windows 10 and I mapped a folder on the NAS as F drive for storeage. Windows sees it as F drive everywhere but Most programs I run cannot find the mapped drive. Its as if the mapped drive is only seen in a windows 10 window and not in the programs.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

What programs are these?  Have you tried right-clicking on file, and using "open with"?

Do you have internet security software running on the PC?

Message 2 of 5
HURSTCOMP
Aspirant

It is body cam software to download from bodycam. also burning software to burn to dvd. Tried everything i could think of but when setting up software id does not see mapped drive. but windows 10 sees mapped drive in explorer and also cmd prompt.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Did you check with the folks who support the application on whether it supports networked shares (and mapped drives)?

Message 4 of 5
HURSTCOMP
Aspirant

Ok..software vendor sent wrong version software. After installing new version software it let me map the drive. I can up load video fine with program but now search is not working on nas drive thru software..At least i got half the battle won..now just to figure out why it wont search thru software but windows explorer searches fine....

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements