× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Message fields in some mails with from "NETGEAR community <community@netgear.com>&amp

dsnpevl
Virtuoso

Message fields in some mails from "NETGEAR community <community@netgear.com>" are not filled in

Accasionally I receive notification mails from this Netgear Community. There seems to be a problem with the messages with the title "Did you get the answer you needed?". The variable fields ($.....) are not replaced with the actual message details and are still visible in the mail. See the image below.

The message also mentions that a "thanks for sharing" reply has been accepted as a solution. But I didn't accept any reply as a solution on this post. So the notification mail is incorrect, incomplete and confusing. Not sure why this happens, but I hope this can be fixed.

Example of faulty mail messageExample of faulty mail message

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Message fields in some mails with from "NETGEAR community <community@netgear.com>&quo

I get these from time to time myself.  Hopefully they will track it down and fix it.

Message 2 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Message fields in some mails from "NETGEAR community <community@netgear.com>" are not filled in

Hi dsnpevl,

Thank you for reporting this error. We will check on this.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
dsnpevl
Virtuoso

Re: Message fields in some mails with from "NETGEAR community <community@netgear.com>&amp

Well, to illustrate the problem, here's the flawwed mail that I get based on @StephenB 's reply. Eventhough I haven't accepted this as a solution, the system seems to want to automatically accept this reply as a solution after 7 or 8 days? And the variables are still not filled in.

Unaccepted answer.png

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements