× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Migrated from ReadyNAS 428 to ReadyNAS 628. Have SSL key host issue in Admin

leo037
Luminary

Migrated from ReadyNAS 428 to ReadyNAS 628. Have SSL key host issue in Admin

Hey everyone

I just got a 628 and got it tested and ram upgraded. 

Popped in the drives from my 428 and working as expected. 

However, when I try to turn services on/off. I get "invalid SSL key host" error and can't do anything but click ignore and no settings change. 

What do I need to do to fix this? 

leo037_0-1678946035631.png

Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: Migrated from ReadyNAS 428 to ReadyNAS 628. Have SSL key host issue in Admin

Did you change the hostname?

Try going into System >> Settings >> HTTPS >> and change the SSL Key Host value to match the hostname (host-name.local)

You might need to reboot afterwards - not sure.

Message 2 of 9
leo037
Luminary

Re: Migrated from ReadyNAS 428 to ReadyNAS 628. Have SSL key host issue in Admin

No I can't do that because it tries to verify the host key before doing anything in settings. 

I need the command line stuff to fix this

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@leo037 wrote:

No I can't do that because it tries to verify the host key before doing anything in settings. 

I need the command line stuff to fix this

Try an OS reinstall from the boot menu.

That will also

• change the admin password back to password
  • reset the network connection to factory default (no bonding, DHCP)
  • disable volume quota (which can be turned back on in the volume settings wheel).

It shouldn't hurt any data.

Message 4 of 9
leo037
Luminary

Did not work. 

Same issue

Message 5 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

I have moved whole drive sets to another NAS and not encountered this problem.  In fact, I have a set I routinely put in any new-to-me used NAS for check-out.  So, I'm wondering what's different about your set-up that causes this.

But, as shown in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl, the certificates are:

SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
     SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key

I would think that you can use openssl to create a new one, but I've never tried. 

If you still have the 428, it might be a good idea to create a single-drive volume on it and move it (alone) to the 628 to see if it has the same issue and to test updating the SSL keys with openssl if it does, or maybe even if it doesn't.

Message 6 of 9
leo037
Luminary

I don't have the 428 anymore, found a buyer for it and its now in the midwest

Have the openssl switches to try to generate new? 

Message 7 of 9
NiveditaP
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @leo037 

Could you please upgrade your firmware to 6.10.9 (latest one) and check once?

Link for reference : https://kb.netgear.com/000065653/ReadyNAS-OS-Software-Version-6-10-9

Have a lovely day, 
Nivedita Pa
Netgear Team 

Message 8 of 9
leo037
Luminary

I managed to get everything off and wiped the readynas. 

Thank you

also updated to 6.10.9 now

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements