× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Migration

Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

Migration

Ready NAS RNDU 6000

Hello Everyone

i want to migrate my hard drive set (6pcs) into a new Chassis (Ready NAS RNDU 6000.  same Model )

can i do this plug and play?, is any more troubles to expect ??? 

(i am new here,  and my english is not realy perfect)

Please help

Thank you very much

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Dede_Ayache wrote:

i dont know where to get OS6  and how to install it, can you give me some hints?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Lost-contact-with-NAS-after-upgradi...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you are running 4.2.x firmware, then you can't directly migrate to a new chassis - the current OS-6 NAS uses a different file system.

My suggestion is to get new disks for the new NAS (perhaps starting with fewer but larger ones), and transfer the data using the built-in backup jobs.  You can then repurpose the Ultra-6 as a backup NAS.

Note you can convert your NAS to run OS-6 (though Netgear doesn't support it, many folks have done it).  The process does require a factory reset, so you do need to restore your data from a backup when done.

Message 2 of 5
Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

HI

Thank you!

i dont know where to get OS6  and how to install it, can you give me some hints?

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Dede_Ayache wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Lost-contact-with-NAS-after-upgradi...

Message 4 of 5
Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

THANK YOU!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements