× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Moderator deleting threads

chirpa
Luminary

Moderator deleting threads

Third time this week Marto73 has deleted threads without decent reason. If you have issues, talk to the poster, do some editing to remove parts of content (serials, agents names). But just going around deleting stuff is uncool. NTGR already took a 'hands off' approach to this site, leaving it to the community (Davin's words, and apparent from the disappearance of the 'Jedi Council'). If you are going to come on here now and only partly assist, its taking a large step backwards. Either commit 100% or leave the people to help themselves, don't censor specific things you don't like.

And remember, this is the fancy world wide web, seconds after the posts are created, Google already has a cache of it. Not to mention the various RSS clients out there that already captured it in their feeds also.
Message 1 of 5
rickyli99
Aspirant

Re: Moderator deleting threads

Thanks for sticking up for us chirpa!
Message 2 of 5
chirpa
Luminary

I shouldn't have to, but they've purposely turned this community upside down.

"Office politics" is one statement to me by a Jedi Council member, as reasoning for not coming on here anymore. I don't see that as a valid excuse, as it wasn't even part of my daily tasks for a large portion of my time there. I felt the passion to come on these forums and help the community. If you look at most of my postings during my employment there, I'd say 2/3rds are 'after regular business hours' in my own time. It doesn't take a lot of time to quickly browse through new posts and add some feedback here and there. I watched it go from the drive/passion of Infrant, making great innovative products, to clock-punching/timesheet calculating storm troopers; I didn't fit in anymore, so I departed (among others). As I've said many times on here in the past... the passion has been lost at NETGEAR.
Message 3 of 5
Marto731
Aspirant

Deleting posts/ threads

Chirpa,
I have only spotted this now, over a year after the event, in April 2013. I would have explained, if I got a PM.

Regarding all 3
•NVX & the expansion bug case #20881428 (thread by rickyli99) ** L2 Support Agent named in person. It got personal. My team lead approved total deletion.
•Annoyed User (post by chirpa) ** You admitted yourself it was harsh comment. Thread is present
•Open Question to Netgear - What are Your Intentions? (post by AMRilvin) ** Thread is present

It is very rare I delete anything, unless it is very objectionable or offensive. Censorship is an unfair term.

Regards, Marto
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Also in most cases if a support agent is mentioned then the choice may be made to make a minor edit and simply remove the name of the agent from a post.

Totally deleting a thread would be a last resort when editing a post is not sufficient to clean up a thread and is very rare.

Cases are reviewed where necessary and our support at all levels strives to do the best it can for our customers.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements