× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Move disks from Duo to NV+?

rdonalds
Aspirant

Move disks from Duo to NV+?

H All,
I have had my Duo die and I, I thought it was external PSU, replaced that still zero power-up So I want to know if I can take the Disks out of my NV+ and read the Duo Disks then replace the NV+ Disks and continue using that as before. I understand that there is an architecture requirement that they have to both be either SPARK/ARM/INTEL, I read the back of the stickers on the NASes and I have;
NETGEAR ReadyNAS NV+ RND4000
NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v2
I understand that the v2 would refer to a different architecture but this Duo only has USB2 (not USB3) and the back layout matches the documentation of the ReadyNAS Duo RND2000v1, not the RND2000v2 Documentation.

Any help would be grateful
Rhys
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Move disks from Duo to NV+?

You would have a Duo v1h2 then. Take a look at http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

If both units have the same architecture (appears that is the case in this case) then you should be able to migrate the disks across. Best to have at least as new firmware on the unit you are migrating to as you ran on the unit you migrated from.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements